Chapter XIX- Longing For You Forever

Everything froze for me in that moment. No, it wasn't just me. While everything and everyone else was frozen in place, the phantoms and I were still able to move. The phantoms stopped what they were doing and looked around. I followed their actions.

My eyes caught onto raven hair. Relief surged through my body. He was walking towards me and he did not look happy. He passed each phantom who watched his every move. When he was right in front of me, two phantoms- Kimaris and Salem- went behind me.

I gasped in shock when I felt the post being lowered. Two of the others- Elwin and Damian- were already untying my wrists. I wanted to cry with joy. Adonis was at my side in less than a second.

He pulled me into a hug, running his hand through my hair. "I'm so sorry. I should've been here sooner," he whispered. I buried my face in his chest and let myself finally cry. My arms hurt with every small movement and my throat stung from yelling. Part of my foot still burned.

I barely noticed myself being picked up until I was in the air, Adonis' arms protectively around my curled up body. I couldn't bring myself to look around, but I didn't hear any noise aside from the boys' footsteps. There was no shouting, not the sound of the fire crackling. There was only the sound of my cries and footsteps.

Without even realizing it, I'd fallen asleep. I let the dream world take me to different places. And it did. It took me to my favorite, most confusing places. It wasn't so scary this time though.

"You have feelings for me?" I questioned in confusion. It was flattering and most definitely the most confusing thing I've ever heard.

Adonis smiled and nodded. "Of course. It's no surprise they say you're the most beautiful girl in the village," he said jokingly, but he was serious. He did have feelings for me. "Aura, be mine." He held his hand out for me.

I smiled up at him fondly. This man was such a goof and I loved him for it. I took his hand without hesitation. "I'm already yours," I chuckled. "You're so..." I paused, staring into his shiny red eyes. "Never mind." I laughed.

Adonis opened his mouth, grinning. "What? What am I?" He laughed along. He pulled me towards him and held me in a loose hug.

I shook my head and bit my lip, smiling widely. I smiled so much it hurt my face. "No! I can't tell you!" I giggled, hiding my face in his chest. "It's embarrassing!" I exclaimed, still laughing. I couldn't tell him, but I could tell myself.

He was so sweet and caring towards me. He did everything I wanted. He spoiled me every chance he got. He was childish at times and liked games. He enjoyed being outside, but he loved to read. The phantoms were like his family.

Loving Satan might've seemed like a mistake to most people, but I didn't see it like that. And neither did he. Although his love for me could all just be a ruse, I didn't have a doubt in my mind. I couldn't even begin to comprehend how a man like him could be something people said to be so cruel and evil. He was anything but.

I awoke in a dimly lit room. The only lighting was a single candle at the other end of the room on a desk. The blood red curtains were closed and they cast a red tint into the room. It wasn't a room I recognized either.

Rubbing my eyes, I sat up and looked around. The room was filled with all kinds of dark red colours. I was also in a bed with silk maroon covers. Like it was perfectly timed, the door opened and I watched as Adonis walked(666) inside.

He grinned excitedly upon seeing me. He picked up his pace as he walked over to the bed. He sat down beside me. "Sorry I wasn't here when you woke up, I was returning a book to the library." He mumbled. He kept his head down as he took my hand in his. He ran his thumb across the dark bruise on my wrist.

I silenced a wince. "It's okay," I whispered. I stared at our hands joined together. I built up the strength to look up at his face. "We are at my family's estate?" I asked quietly. He only nodded in response. "Oh. And the townspeople?"

He stared into my eyes. I couldn't bring myself to look away. "Unharmed, though I should punish them for what they've done," he growled, clenching his other hand into a fist.

I put my other hand on top of our clasped ones. "No, don't. It's alright," I muttered. I saw his eyes squint into a glare. He wasn't glaring at me, but he was angry at the townspeople for their actions. I rubbed my fingers over his knuckles. "They're taught to fear the unknown and me seeing things they can't, it's unknown to them," I explained softly.

He sighed. "You're too kind, Mora," he said. I smiled fondly at him. Our eyes caught onto each other's and we stared. It was only then that I noticed how close to me he actually was. My cheeks grew hot and I sucked in a breath. He was just mere inches away from my face.

I felt his hand slide into my hair before it slowly ran down my jaw. His thumb glided across my cheek. It stopped and rested on my chin, his hand holding it between his fingers. My lips parted as a small gasp left them. His touch was hypnotic.

I felt myself lean forward. It was uncontrollable. I closed my eyes as I began to feel his warm breath against my face. I felt lips touch mine for a second before there was a knock on the door.

My eyes snapped open and I pulled away. Adonis frowned and turned towards the door. "What is it?" He called out in annoyance. I noticed his hair had fallen from its place. It was ho- shutting up now.

"Mr. Cirillo, Lady and Lord Desdemona request your presence in the downstairs lounge." A maid responded from the other side of the door. Adonis groaned and threw his head back.

He stood up and came closer to me. I watched him in confusion before I saw him lean down. I felt him place a kiss to the crown of my head before he stood up straight and began to leave the room. Once the door closed a small smile found its way to my pink face.

I leaned back against the headboard and brought my knees up to my chest, cuddling into myself. My fingers reached up and felt my lips. It was as if I could still feel his warmth there. I've never been kissed before. It was an entirely new feeling.

However, my mood was ruined when I thought of my parents. They stood there and did nothing as I could've died, been killed. There was no excuse for that. I didn't want to see them, not after what'd happened. Although, I wondered what they wanted with Adonis.