Chapter XX- Bickering Phantoms

Obviously, this is my artwork(unfinished of course), as it has my watermark

Obviously, this is my artwork(unfinished of course), as it has my watermark. Please don't steal it. Just appreciate some Rain fanart☺️
ALL IMAGES USED IN THIS CHAPTER ARE MINE

There was a gentle knock on the door. The door to Adonis' room, which I was still in. I didn't know if I should answer it or not since I was in his room. Biting my lip, I stood up and strolled over to the door.

I opened it enough for me to peek through. My face lit up when I saw who it was. I opened the door. "Damian, Malachi!" I grinned. They both stepped inside and I didn't waste a moment to hug them. They seemed surprised by my actions. "Thank you," I mumbled against them. I was so grateful to all of the phantoms. I felt their arms glide around my back, returning my hug.

I pulled away and closed the door. I couldn't help the small amount of heat that found its way to my cheeks. I smiled up at them. "I think it's my turn to be grateful to you and the rest," I joked, playing with the sleeves of my dress. I looked down at it, a little surprised.

It wasn't the torn, burnt one I wore hours ago. I lifted my head back up and looked at them, my mouth agape. "Who changed me?" I asked, blushing furiously.

The two looked at each other, seemingly thinking of how to answer. Damian pointed to Malachi's blue eye. "Blue eyes...?" I muttered, completely focused on them. They paused to think for a moment. Then Malachi got an idea and put his hands in front of his face. Each were on a side of his face and he made downward motions by slowly sliding his hands down until they were right below his chin.

I quirked a brow at him. However, Damian seemed to understand as he started moving his hands near the back of Malachi's head. He held them in place near the base of his head. I lit up as I thought I figured it out. "You mean Valerian?" I inquired. They both nodded.

Valerian's hair was peculiar and something I've never seen before. He had a few longer strands in the front that ended below his chin and the back was short and cut. It was beautiful though.

I smiled in victory, but it dropped when I realized what that meant

I smiled in victory, but it dropped when I realized what that meant. My face exploded in a fiery blush and I turned away from the boys to hide my embarrassment. "Oh, well, I'll uh have to thank him later," I stammered, exhaling.

I turned back around and saw them both looking down at me. "So, what are you guys here for? Is there something you'd like to do?" I beamed, ignoring my earlier embarrassment. Damian went to look at Malachi, but he had ran towards one of Adonis' bookshelves. Both Damian and I watched curiously as he speed-walked back over to us holding a book.

He handed it over to me and I took it in my hands. He seemed ever so excited, even if the parts of his face I could see looked emotionless. I looked at the cover of the book, letting out a chuckle. "McTeague" it read. I hummed. "I've never heard of this one before. Let's see where it takes us," I said excitedly, looking back up at them.

Damian was in the process of flicking Malachi in the face. I covered my mouth to hide my laugh. The heterochromatic eyed male simply rolled his eyes. Although, he nudged the brown haired phantom to the side. I laughed louder at that.

Shaking my head, I walked over to Adonis' desk and grabbed the candlestick. Then I walked back over to his bed and sat the candle on the bedside table. I climbed into the bed and sat against the headboard in the middle. I smiled and patted the spaces on either side of me. "Come on," I said softly.

They seemed hesitant, but Damian was the first to walk over. He somehow made it look smug. The raven haired male rolled his eyes again and walked over to the other side of the bed. I allowed them to get comfy before I opened the book.

It was adorable to be quite honest. The way they acted towards each other was like seeing siblings bicker. Both of them were right up against me the entire time, invested in every word I read aloud to them.