Chapter XXVI- Water And Butterflies Don't Mix

A/n: I won't be uploading tomorrow! I'm extremely behind on my chapters and it's freaking me out!!

I curiously eyed the clasped hands in front of my face. The hands were not mine, but rather, Malachi's. He stood above me as I sat at a table in the garden. I glanced up at him in confusion. "What is it?" I asked. I saw the hint of a smile grow onto his lips and he motioned back towards his hands. My eyes returned to them and he slowly opened them.

Two beautiful white butterflies flew out. I gasped as I watched them flutter into the air above us. A wide smile made its way to my face.

After watching them fly into the trees to where we couldn't see them anymore, I faced Malachi again. "They were beautiful. Do you like butterflies?" I asked curiously. He slowly nodded his head, which made my smile grow.

To my surprise, he put his hand out in front of me. I quirked a brow at him before I gently put my hand in his. I stood up and he began eagerly leading me through the garden. I giggled at how excited he seemed.

He practically dragged me through the garden and into the dense forest. We only walked for a minute or two before he turned around to face me. I gave him a confused look. But before I could say anything my eyes were covered with his hands. I gasped in surprise and laughed.

One of his hands left my face and took my hand. He carefully pulled me further. We continued further for a moment or two, then we stopped. I heard him take a breath and then he pulled his hand away from my face.

When I opened my eyes a breath of shock escaped me. All around us were beautiful butterflies of many different kinds. I looked at them flying above me. It was like they were dancing.

I couldn't even bring myself to look away from the sight. "Malachi, this is amazing," I whispered. I finally tore my eyes away and glanced at the raven haired male. "You found this?" I questioned, still astonished. I saw him nod. Looking around again, I could clearly say that this is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen in all my lives.

However, the amazement soon subsided as one of the other phantoms ran past us and hid behind Malachi. I looked at him. "Elwin?" I questioned in confused. I heard more loud footsteps coming from the same direction and I turned back around. Malachi was already staring in the direction.

What I saw sure was a sight to behold. Running towards us was none other than Damian. Damian with a pail in his hands. And behind him was Kimaris, seemingly chasing the shorter male. I'm sure my confusion was written clear across my face.

I glimpsed back at Elwin. However, at that same time, I saw water harshly splash onto him and Malachi, who stood in front of him, which meant he took most of it head on. The flying liquid scared away any nearby butterflies.

A gasp left my lips and I held in a laugh. Malachi didn't look too amused as he glared at Damian. I looked over and saw him silently laughing at the soaked two, holding his stomach. Kimaris only shook his head apologetically.

I couldn't hold it in anymore and I bursted out with laughter. All four looked at me as I tried to cover my mouth to muffle the sounds. When I saw how Elwin and Malachi looked again it only made me laugh harder. They looked so upset.

I was practically crying tears. I suppose Elwin hiding behind Malachi only brought the taller man into the situation. I continued laughing for what felt like forever, but I'm sure it only lasted for a few minutes or so. I wiped a few tears from my eyes as I composed myself.

When I looked back up I watched while Malachi shook his arms out. He then used his hands to wipe underneath his mask. I saw the accessory move up at his touch. When it did, I caught a glimpse of darkened dots across his face. Freckles.

I smiled. It was adorable, but also unexpected. He flicked the water back at Damian and I chuckled. Elwin finally stepped out from behind the taller phantom, now standing between us. I swore I saw him shiver at least once.

Kimaris playfully shoved Damian to the side. The brown haired male stumbled before he quickly caught his footing again. He tried to push the dark haired man back, only for it to have no effect.

I giggled, covering my mouth with my hand. Then I turned to the soaking two beside me. "Come on. Let's get you two inside." I smiled as I took their hands in mine. From the cold water, their hands were freezing. We began walking back to the house and I glanced at Damian, a playful smirk residing on my lips. "Thank you, Damian," I said sarcastically. It was still a little hard not to laugh as I remembered the twos' reactions.

I watched as he bowed dramatically. I laughed, facing forward. I led the two raven haired boys back to the house. I think I could feel the annoyance radiating off of Malachi still. Luckily, it wasn't long before we were back home. I took them through the garden and to where I was sitting before. "Here," I said, pulling the chairs out for them.

Both of them seemed surprised by my actions. They were hesitant to take their seats. "Come on. Don't be shy." I smiled, motioning to the chairs. Elwin looked at Malachi and I could feel the nervousness radiating off of him. It took them a few more moments before they sat down. I smiled satisfyingly. "Good. I'll be right back," I informed as I took off inside.

I quickly jogged up the stairs and down the corridor. Turning a corner, I bumped into someone. It was Salem! I grinned. "Could you do me a small favour?" I inquired softly. He quirked his head to the side before he nodded. "Thank you. Could you find two spare sets of clothes for Elwin and Malachi? There was an incident with Damian," I chuckled.

He rolled his eyes at the sound of the shorter phantom's name. He nodded once again. "Great! Thank you!" I exclaimed, running back down the hall and towards the stairs. I took fast steps down each one, sliding my hand along the rail. I ran towards a linen closet when I was back on the first floor.

I opened it up and took two towels out. I sprinted back out the outdoors, letting a breath leave my lips. I smiled again and handed the towels out towards the boys. "Here. Salem will be down with a change of clothes soon," I explained.

Malachi nodded gratefully and gently took a towel from me. Elwin, on the other hand, had a full red face. I let a gasp leave me. "Elwin, are you alright? Your face is all red," I mentioned. I leaned down and placed my hand on his cheek. He flinched away in shock, but I felt his face heat up even more. I gave him a worried look. "You're not sick, are you?" I asked in concern.

He slowly backed away and shook his head. He turned away and covered the lower, exposed part of his face with his hand. I smiled a little and just wrapped the towel around his shoulders. "Okay then."