Chapter XXXII- The Shy Raven Girl

Jade, Iris, and I rode in a carriage. I didn't know the exact destination we were headed to, but Iris insisted we'd all have fun. I just had to trust her judgement.

The day was beautiful. The wind was blowing, the sun was bright, it was warm, but not too hot. Birds were singing and dancing in the sky. There were even some other animals out. On the trip I saw a few deer, rabbits, chipmunks, and squirrels.

My thoughts paused as the carriage halted. The coachman left his seat and walked over to the left side. He held his hand out and Jade took it, as she was closest to the opening. Next was Iris, then me.

Iris smiled at the brunette. "Thank you Foster," she said gratefully. I noticed a small blush had spread across her face. The young man smiled back and nodded at her. "Please be back by noon," Iris requested. Once again, the man nodded. He walked back over to the front seat of the carriage and grabbed the reigns.

He looked back at us one more time. "See you ladies later," he stated sweetly before taking off. I watched him leave down the trail until he disappeared in the distance.

I glanced at Iris. "Where exactly are we?" I asked curiously. I was also confused. This part of the woods didn't seem the slightest bit familiar to me. I looked around. There were wildflowers scattered around the trees.

Iris giggled and walked ahead, Jade following behind her. "I don't know. Jade and I come here to go for walks all the time." She responded, skipping ahead. I started walking to catch up with them.

I nodded in understanding. We continued walking on a dirt trail for about five minutes before Iris seemingly calmed down and walked next to Jade and I. She was humming a song. It was a beautiful melody, if I do say so myself.

She stopped humming her song though. "So, Bronwen, is there anyone you have your eyes on? Anyone you fancy?" She inquired, smirking up at me.

I blushed furiously, shocked at her sudden question. "Uhm, uh, I, uh- I suppose," I answered vaguely. I believe that relationships and their statuses are private matters.

The redhead groaned. "Come on! Be more precise!" She exclaimed dramatically. She shook my arm as she eagerly looked up at me. "How about that stud you danced with at the masquerade last week?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

At first I believed she was speaking of Adonis before I quickly realized that she was actually talking about someone else I danced with that night. "Kimaris? No, not him," I mumbled. I stared into Iris's eyes. She'd yet to turn away. If she kept at it she might trip soon. I sighed and gave in. "The second man I danced with that night. I don't know what it is between us, but it's a lot," I admitted, my face bright red.

She cooed. "That's so sweet! What's his name?" She chirped excitedly. I saw Jade shake her head at the shorter girl.

I stuttered. This was never a topic in any other conversation I'd had. I was beyond unprepared. "A-Adonis," I stammered out. "As I said before, I don't know exactly what it is between us, but there's something there. I know he loves me, and I believe I love him too," I said quietly. The statement was mostly to myself though. I did love him. A lot. I smiled to myself, thinking of the other night.

Iris squealed. "That's the cutest! Adonis is such a pretty name! We must meet him!" She squealed, rather giggly.

I bit my lip. Actually, I also noticed that things started to seem familiar. Where have I seen them before? After glancing around at the scenery, I looked back at Iris again. "Of course," I mumbled. The thought of Adonis made my face heat up. It was something I couldn't explain. He was so kind and gentle. He cared so much and he was beautiful.

The further we walked the more things looked familiar to me. The trees soon began to become more dense as there were less and less as we walked.

I glanced back at the girls beside me. "How about you two? Anyone special?" I questioned curiously. I clasped my hands together in front of me.

Jade's face exploded in red and I suppressed a giggle. Iris, on the other hand, grinned from ear to ear. "Jade here is betrothed to her lifelong crush," she teased, staring up at the brunette. Jade covered her face with her hands and laughed. Her laugh was so pretty! Iris then turned to me again. "I have my eyes set on Foster. He's so handsome and sweet! His quietness is so cute!! Oh! I could talk about him all day." She sighed dreamily.

I chuckled at her. To be honest, I'm sure she could. We reached a small clearing. However, what caught my eye was a small lake. There was a short rock cliff above the back part of it. A gasp left my lips. This was where...!

"Bronwen? Are you alright?" Iris asked, bringing me out of my thoughts. I composed myself and looked down at her. I smiled reassuringly and nodded. "If you say so." She giggled.

I looked around again. That was when I spotted someone sitting down near the lake. He was reading a book. He had raven hair and pale skin. I sucked in a breath from shock.

I grinned excitedly and began running towards him, holding the bottom of my dress above my feet. "Adonis!" I yelled out. He looked up and grinned upon seeing me. He quickly stood up and held his arms out for me. I giggled as I crashed into him and hugged him tightly. He lifted my feet from the ground and spun me around. I laughed joyfully.

He slowly stopped and put me back down on the ground. I loosened my grip on him and smiled up at him. "Hi." I sighed contently.

He chuckled and rested his hands at my waist. He gently kissed my lips. "Hello, my love," he responded huskily. "What are you doing here?" He inquired, quirking an eyebrow at me.

Before I could reply, I heard a yell. "Bronwen!" It was Iris. I turned around in Adonis' embrace to face her. She and Jade walked up to the both of us.

I blushed in embarrassment. Iris gave me a knowing look, which only made it worse. "Uhm, coincidentally, this is Adonis," I muttered loud enough for them to hear me.

Iris smirked. "Oh, I see. It's nice to meet you, Adonis," she said arrogantly, sending me a look that might as well have said "you're completely smitten." Which I was, but to be called out in such a way. "I'm Iris, this is Jade." She motioned towards the said girl.

Adonis nodded, tightening his grip around my waist. I smiled to myself and put my hands over his. "The pleasure is all mine, ladies," he stated with a kind tone.

Iris smiled at me mischievously. Oh no. "Bronwen has told us all about you. She loves you very much," she teased, giggling. My face heated up intensely and I hid it in Adonis' chest.

He let out a deep chuckle. "Oh? Is that so?" He inquired, glancing down at me. I avoided all eye contact with him as I bit my lip. Although, I couldn't help but smile.

I could hear Jade sigh and Iris start laughing. Although, her laughs were muffled, like she was trying to conceal them. She sucked at it.