.One.

THE BRAIDED-HAIRED girl scoffed once she finished reading the carved words on the marbled stone

THE BRAIDED-HAIRED girl scoffed once she finished reading the carved words on the marbled stone. "What kind of a bs is this...?" She muttered, unable to hide her frown. "What does the traveler's offering have to do with the worlds extinction?"

"Ridiculous." She rolled her eyes. Her bright brown eyes traced the minor details of the statues infront of her. It was the seven princes. Lee Heeseung, Sim Jaeyun, Park Jongseong, Park Sunghoon, Yang Jungwon, Kim Sunoo and lastly, Nishimura Riki.

The seven princes are all very well respected all around the world because they were the savior of the land of the living. In the stories, they said the seven princes had saved the world from the evil beings that crawled the lands. As an act of respect, statues of the seven princes were all built all over the world.

Haeyul admits, the seven princes all look stunning but one of them caught her eyes the most. Prince Jungwon. She admired his sculpted features. How his eyes were big and rounded, resembling so much like a felidae. He held an unreadable expression. His hair curtained his face beautifully and although it was told he had dimples on both side of his cheeks, it was not apparent on this statue. It was most likely because the prince wasn't smiling.

A buzz in her pocket snapped Haeyul out of her thoughts. She fumbled with her phone, putting the phone next to her ear. "Hello?"

"Haeyul!" An ear-piercing voice shouted causing the girl to pull the phone farther away from her ears. "Please tell me you remember what day it is today!"

Haeyul hummed. "Of course, I do." She answered.

"I'll be expecting you at Kyuzhu's party."

"I'll be expecting you too, Jeehyo."

"Dress up nicely or else!" Jeehyo ended the call, her merry tone masked the threat she had just given.

Haeyul sighed as she shook her head, tucking her phone back into her pocket. She captured the breathtaking interior of the museum for the last time before walking her way out of the place. The setting sun reflected against the road, scattering sparks of orange dusts everywhere.

"Thank you for visiting, do pay another visit." A staff member smiled politely. Haeyul briefly thanked the woman in response and hurried her way back home.

Once Haeyul reached her house, she changed her attire into a more sophisticated one. She undone her braids and let her hair fall loose on her shoulders. She hung a leather jacket over her and checked herself in the mirror. "Good enough." She shrugged.

She relaxed on her couch, realizing she had an extra half an hour. Haeyul decided to tidy her bag since she had been carrying it around for the whole day today. She rummaged through her bag and her hand paused when she came into contact with a foreign object. It was a..pen?

It resembled one. It was made out of fine gold, small golden leaves swirled around the cylinder object. It looked fragile.

Curiosity filled the girl's mind as she took a closer look of it. She found tiny words scribbled onto the cylinder, but she couldn't manage to read it. It was too small.

She set the object aside and crossed her arms, "I didn't buy any pens today.." She mumbled. So how did that pen end up in her bag?

She brushed it off, not wanting to stress herself out over a golden cylinder. "Whatever, I probably got it for free from a hotel or something." She grabbed her purse and walked over to the door until she heard whispers in her ears.

"Come back."

Frightened, Seo Haeyul dropped her purse. Her eyes widened as she glanced around her house frantically. "Who's there?!" She shouted.

Nothing.

"I swear to god, Jeehyo if you're playing with me again then it's not funny!" Haeyul huffed angrily. She reached for the doorknob again and this time she felt a gush of cold wind blew against her.

What. The. Hell.

She felt herself shivered in her slippers. Her door was still locked. Her windows were all closed. Where did that strong wind come from?! Finally, Haeyul lost it. She searched her entire house in hopes of finding the culprit for spooking her off. She checked under her bed, in her closet, in her cabinets, under her sink. She even checked inside her refrigerator. But no one except for her was in the house.

The brunette dropped on her couch. Her breathing was uneven as she internally panicked. Has she gone mad? Haeyul swore someone or something whispered into her ears. Their voice was low and raspy as if they hadn't drunk water in years. She shook her head, her eyes closed as she attempted to forget the scene.

When she opened her eyes, her attention landed on the cylinder object again. She stood up on her feet and searched for a magnifying glass. Something was odd about it, but she couldn't pinpoint what. She strained her eyes as she attempted to read the words. "For secrets..are unraveled, words....are spoken?"

Haeyul stared at the object with confusion. Silence emitted the room, and she sighed in agitation, "I think I've gone insane, I just need to get a deep sleep."

She put down the cylinder and made her way to her bed. Forget about the party. She was burnt out from the series of events that just happened. Her exhaustion soon caught up to her, leading her into a deep slumber just like she wished.

Don't be a silent reader! Vote and comment ^^