.Forty-Six.

HAEYUL'S EYES GLANCED around the room as the sound of glasses clinking together bounced against the thick walls. Everyone was chattering away, swaying their extravagant gowns while the men assisted the ladies. She found it exhausting.

Right after the ritual, they had to attend a ball to celebrate another successful full moon. This pained Haeyul as her muscles constantly nagged her, telling her to take a rest.

She leaned on the stone pillar as she held a wine glass filled with blood in her hands. Surprisingly, the red liquid didn't taste as bad as she expected it to be. It was sweet and slightly tangy. Jungwon explained that every blood will taste different.
The thicker it is, the stronger it will taste. Usually in grand events, they tend to serve high class blood—clear, sweet and tangy.

The blood you serve indicates your prosperity so typically the hosts of the event will flaunt their most exquisite treasures to the guests.

Judging by the decorations and the blood they served, Haeyul guessed the host of this event was very wealthy.

Suddenly someone slid next to her, snaking his arm around her waist. Haeyul glanced at the man and shook her head, a small smile showing on her face. "May I help you, Your Royal Highness?"

Jungwon looked at her, horrified. "Don't call me that." He told, brows drawn together as he tightened his grip on her waist.

"But you are a royalty, Jungwon." Haeyul countered, stifling her laugh as she watched his reaction.

He huffed as his face contorted in annoyance, taking his arm off of her. "Fine then. I should act appropriate too then." He said coldly and it was Haeyul's turn to frown.

She wasn't expecting this as his reaction.
The girl slowly extended her arm and poked his arm which was crossed against his chest. Earning no reaction, she poked his arms again—harder this time. Sadly, the stubborn vampire continued to ignore her.

Haeyul pouted. What can she do to make him happy again? She tapped her fingers as she pondered over her choices.

The brunette read the room first and seeing everyone occupied with their own business, she quickly got on her tip toes and placed a soft kiss on Jungwon's cheek. The prince snapped his head towards her direction, eyes completed wide in surprise as a smug smirk soon plastered on his face.

He scoffed, rolling his eyes, pulling her by the waist until their bodies were pressed against each other. "I thought we has to stay professional?" He raised his brow, questioning her. The brunette cleared her throat as her cheeks warmed by his actions. "I was just shy." She murmured, "There's so many people here."

Jungwon smiled widely, his eyes flickered down to her lips before pressing his lips onto hers. Haeyul put her hands on his chest as her eyes rounded. Why was he acting so bold? As his eyes opened, she saw as his orbs swirled with gold dust. "All of them are watching now." He whispered, alluding to the vampires surrounding them.
"Do you think Aene is watching?"
"Most likely."
The girl pushed herself away from the young prince as her cheeks raised up. She was clearly pleased to hear the last sentence.

Jungwon laughed at her response. He couldn't help but to pinch her cheeks, finding her absolutely adorable. "Won!" Haeyul glared at him as she rubbed her right cheek, "That hurts!"

"My heart hurts too." He replied, his loving gaze never leaving her as the girl turned to face him. 
"What? Why? I thought you have completely healed?" She rambled.
"Because you're not good for my health."

"Huh?" Haeyul's brow furrowed together involuntarily, hearing his response. "Why?" 
"Because you're too perfect."

In the next moment, Jungwon yelped as he felt a sting on his head. Haeyul had hit him. The brunette gritted her teeth as she puffed her cheeks, eyes piercing daggers into him. The raven-haired vampire breathed out in disbelief. What was that for?

"Shouldn't I be the one saying that?" She retorted, "Whenever you do that, I feel like my heart is about to burst you idiot." She held her heart and stormed off into the sea of people. 

Blinking his eyes, a grin cracked into his face. He straightened his back as he coughed, dusting his black suit. Gosh, he was utterly in love with her.

Only three days left.

"Your Highness," A man tapped his shoulders, bowing deeply as he greeted him. "We have a small meeting to attend." Heeseung announced, a playful expression shown on his face as his eyes sparkled with joy. 

Jungwon nodded, excusing himself to the nearby royalties before leaving the gigantic ballroom. He immediately faced his older brother, his previous cold persona vanishing in a blink of an eye. "Is everything ready?" He inquired, full of anticipation and distress.

"It's as ready as it can get." Heeseung excitedly answered causing the prince beside him to ease slightly.

I wonder what will happen in three days 🤔

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!