.Fifteen.

HAEYUL STEPPED into the library with heavy steps, her shoulders were slouched as she sat at the corner of the room near the window. Another sleepless night. Don't get her wrong, she still has the lingering fear of her going unconscious again, but she has been dying to get some sleep these past few nights. Unfortunately, sleep is almost impossible for her.

The weird dreams will always find its way to haunt her, especially in her sleep. She tried to get rid of it by drinking warm lavender tea before going to bed, but that didn't work. She also tried reading herself bedtime stories from this world...but they always end up being rather disturbing. 

A sigh past her lips, regret flooding her heart. She shouldn't have gone to the garden early at dawn. She should have just rested on her bed. 

"Whatever." Nothing could be changed now. Haeyul decided to continue reading the book about time travelers though, she was slowly losing hope on it as she did not have the right things for it. She realized her halpire is most likely the gold pen she had found in her bag, right before she went to sleep. The weird events only began after she found the gold pen, so it supports her statement.

Haeyul gritted her teeth. Her mind can't concentrate on the book in front of her because of the many thoughts in her head. 

She needs coffee badly at the moment. Sadly, coffee is unobtainable here. She asked Sunoo whether there is coffee in this timeline, and he told her that it exists, but only in a few continents. 

Haeyul heard faint footsteps approaching her and caught a glimpse of an emerald, green lace at the corner of her eyes, realizing it was Princess Aene, she hastily picked her stuff and hid behind one of the bookshelves. 

"Don't you think this is nice, won?" Haeyul heard the princess ask. 
"It's about unicorns and fairies, nothing could go wrong with that." An all too familiar voice answered.

The brunette shut her eyes as she tried to figure out a way out the library without being caught by the two of them. As the two continued to talk in the background, Haeyul slowly lifted her foot and took a step forward. She felt like she was in her teens again, sneaking her way into the kitchen to get herself a snack at 3am, trying to not get caught by her mom.

"How about this then?" Princess Aene took a book out of the self, resulting a hole to appear between the two isles. Haeyul glanced at the Princess Aene's face and crouched down. She gulped. "That's a classic, you should like it." Jungwon said.

Haeyul continued taking small and silent steps forward, calculating every movement she is going to do next. She heard the princess hummed. 
"It's too boring."

Suddenly, Haeyul heard several footsteps approach her aisle causing her to look around frantically. Where can she hide?! But it was too late, Jungwon had already seen her. Haeyul cracked a timid smile, still in her crouched position. The prince looked at her, his eyes slightly widening. 

"What are you doing here?" Prince Jungwon mouthed.
Princess Aene exclaimed, "Oh! This looks like a good book." Jungwon glanced at the princess next to him and nodded in agreement. Haeyul noticed Jungwon flicking his hand, motioning her to move back. 

Haeyul understood and did what she was told to. As she walked backwards, her back hit a book, creating a thick sound. Prince Jungwon looked at her, "Sorry." Haeyul whispered, pushing the book deeper into the shelf. Princess Aena looked up from her book, "What was that?"

Jungwon put up a facade as he turned around, his back facing Haeyul, hiding her from  Aene's sight. "What was what?" He asked as he leaned on the wooden shelf with his arms crossed. Haeyul took the chance to tiptoe her way to door and left the library. The door creaked as it closed.

Princess Aene frowned. "Didn't you hear that just now?"
"Pardon me, but I think you may have misheard."

The girl pressed her hands on her heart as she heaved a sigh. She can't believe she managed to get away without catching Princess Aene's attention. Why does she always get herself into those kinds of situation? Haeyul snickered and made a note to herself, so she won't forget to thank Jungwon for helping her later. For now, she wants to go to the kitchen. She can feel her stomach angrily rumble for food.

She skipped down the corridors as a smile played on her lips, her hair bouncing up and down with every step she took.

Once she arrived at the kitchen, an unpleasant smell hit her nostrils. She recognized this smell. It was the same smell with the smell that engulfs her kitchen whenever she failed her apple pie. This one was just way worse than hers. She walked further into the kitchen and saw Prince Jay staring down on a black object on top of the table, his brows arched while his lips protruded as he examined it. 

"What exactly went wrong...?" He murmured.
Haeyul peeked at the burnt pie and said, "Well, a lot."
Jay snapped his head towards her direction, "When did you get here?" He defensively asked as he hid the burnt pie from her vision. Haeyul laughed as she took a random apron, tying it around her body. "Just now, when you were too busy reading the burnt thing." 

"I wasn't 'studying' it!" He retorted. Haeyul hummed, not convinced by his words at all.
"Sure, you weren't."

Jay clicked his tongue exasperatedly. "Just tell me why you are here." He told, crossing his arms, his eyes glaring at her brown one.

Haeyul showed the apron she was wearing. "Obviously, I'm here to cook myself something." She answered, the tone of her voice made Jay feel dumber than he was previously. "But, after seeing your pie, I think I want to bake with you."

Jay scoffed. "No." He immediately turned her offer down, hands reaching to untie his apron. "Don't be stubborn, clearly you're intrigued by this recipe so let me teach you!" Haeyul said.
"You can share it with your brothers later." She added.
The prince paused. The thought of him and his brothers sharing a pie and bonding over it tempted him. He saw Haeyul grinning widely at him, and he sighed. 

"Fine. What do we need?"

Don't forget to vote, comment and shareif you enjoyed reading this chapter!

if you enjoyed reading this chapter!