.Thirteen.

"WHAT WERE YOU doing with him?" His onyx eyes emitted coldness as they pierced into the petite girl's eyes. Haeyul coward under his gaze, but she wasn't going to show it to him.

"That's none of your business." She simply replied. Her hand removed the strands of hair sticking on her neck.

Haeyul looked around her surroundings and tried to figure out the way back down. Why did Riki had to leave her here with him? Haeyul slipped past Jungwon, their shoulders brushing ever so slightly. The brunette moved to the other side of the roof, where it was connected with another roof. Her lips formed into a thin line as a bad feeling surge through her veins. 

Her plan was to jump to across the two roofs, in hopes that she lands safely but the plan seems rather risky now that she was at the edge of the cone-shaped roof. Her breath quivered under the pressure she has given herself as she took a small step forward.

Carefully she moved further down the slippery roof until her foot stepped on a wrong tile, causing her ankle to twist. Haeyul exclaimed in fear when she felt her body slipping down the roof. She is going to die. She tried to reach for a stud to hold onto, but to her dismay, there weren't any. As her breath hitched, Haeyul shuts her eyes, unable to face her death. She waited for the heavy impact to come as the barbarous wind blew against her falling body. But it never happened.

Rather than the harsh impact of the muddy ground, she felt a sturdy arm wrapped her stomach and picked her up. Her body swayed to the left as two hands gripped her shoulders in place. 

"What is wrong with you?" Jungwon asked with so much anger in his eyes. "You do realize, if you die then the blame is on me?" Obviously, he only cares about himself, Haeyul thought. 

Haeyul ignored his infuriated state and winced at the stabbing pain in her ankle. Her knees weakened as she dropped to the floor, but Jungwon held her frame from falling. Jungwon paused, putting his scolding on hold. Why is this girl so weak?
"Get up."

Haeyul shakily fluttered her eyes close, feeling herself lose conscious. Her breathing rapidly increased as her breaths turned heavy. "Bloody hell." Jungwon muttered, realizing it was one of her side effects from going through time. 

"Do not close your eyes. I'm bringing you to a psychiatrist." He demanded while his hand hovered under Haeyul's knees before lifting her up into his arms.

The girl barely heard his order when bright blue splotches shun her vision.
She heard distant shouts echoed through her ears, their voice sounds desperate and heartbroken. Her vision cleared as she skimmed the place. She was in a room filled with a lot of people. Within the crowd of people, she saw a few familiar faces. One of them belonged to Prince Sunoo's, unlike his usual sassy stance, his shoulders were bopping up and down as his eyes pooled with tears. 

Haeyul quickly realized it was one of her weird dreams. 

"What in the world happened, Jungwon?" 
She heard Heeseung's voice fade in. She blinked her eyes and faced the ceiling. Where was she? Why was Prince Sunoo in her dream? Most importantly, why was he crying? Her questions were left unanswered when she felt cold water made contact with her forehead.

Haeyul jumped. "It's for your fever," Heeseung warmly smiled at her, "you overused your body while it is still healing." He explained as he continued patting her forehead gently, rinsing the cloth once in a while.

"I only walked around the castle." Haeyul defended, "Besides, with his new rules for me, I barely got to do anything these past few days." Her hand viciously pointed at the prince standing behind the metal footboard rail. 

"You got to do anything you wanted with only one condition, yet you can't do it and get yourself in a deeper mess." He retorted, reminding the human of the incident in the music room.

 The latter gritted her teeth, "Why don't you just leave us alone?" She ushered him away, "Heeseung will be able to aid me with peace unlike now." 
The eldest brother's eyes widened as he saw the way Haeyul talked with Jungwon. He wasn't horrified. No, that was far from what he truly felt. His lips itched to form a smile, but he successfully concealed it. He expected Jungwon to punish the girl for disobeying and disrespecting him because he usually does that, but this time, none of the following happened. 

His younger brother, who was known for his merciless attitude towards the ones who fought against him and this kingdom, lets a mere girl—a human, speaks to him so casually and allows her to disagree with his opinion.

"Just shut up and leave!" Haeyul snapped, her face heating up in anger as Heeseung finally took notice of the tense cloud in the room. 

"Just go and leave us," Heeseung told Jungwon through their telepathy abilities, "she already has a fever."

Prince Jungwon clicked his tongue. His hatred for humans grew more day by day ever since he met Seo Haeyul. The prince wordlessly left the room while Haeyul stuck her tongue out behind him. The red-haired vampire laughed, "You two are so childish."

Haeyul scoffed. "Correction," She interrupted, "He is so childish."
"Both are."
"Nope."
"Alright then." Heeseung gave in, holding back his laughs.

A comfortable silence seeped in the room as Heeseung proceeded to do his work, Haeyul coaxed herself to stay awake to not face those unsettling dreams she'll face. She clenched the bedsheets, hearing the distant shouts again.

"Haeyul, you do know that Jungwon is going to be a king soon?" Fortunately, Heeseung's question snapped her out of her daze. Haeyul hummed, shrugging her shoulders. "He may be a prince or a king, but he sure doesn't act like one."
"What makes him less than any other kings in the world."

By the lack of response, Heeseung turned his head to face the girl as she nonchalantly laid her head on the headboard. "Lots of things."

Unbeknown to Prince Heeseung and Seo Haeyul, a certain vampire has never left the corridor, listening to every word they have spoken about him with his enhanced hearing abilities since the very beginning. The young man swallowed dryly. He moved away from the door and dusted his wet clothes. Humans will remain ungrateful no matter.

"Your Highness-" One of the servants greeted him.
"I will be attending the meeting."
'But Your Highness, your clothes-"
Jungwon ignored the woman's words and sped through the corridors.

Tysm for @miiyeo and @WonWonniee!They have been voting my chapters so diligently 😭and for the ones who have been reading my chapters, thank youu

They have been voting my chapters so diligently 😭
and for the ones who have been reading my chapters, thank youu

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!
😊🥰