.Twelve.

"SHOULDN'T YOU answer me first since I asked first?" His eyes glint in mischief as a smirk played on his lips. The brunette clicked her tongue, acknowledging his point, "I was just talking to myself so," Haeyul shrugged off.

Riki flicked a strand of hair out his face. "Still didn't answer my question." He pressed.

Haeyul sighed, "I was just upset with an incident with my friend in my timeline." She made up a lie. She has been lying for way too much these days. The young boy hummed and stood up on the sill of the window, balancing his two feet on the brick stone. Haeyul rushed over to the boy and held his hand. "What do you think you're doing?!"

Haeyul didn't realize she had dropped the formalities until she had eye contact with him. Realizing her actions, she freed his hand, but her stance stayed alarmed, afraid he will fall when she took her eyes off of him.

"Can you relax?" Riki told as he rolled his eyes. He showed no signs of difficulty in balancing himself as he crossed his arms, "To answer your question, I like being here. It's basically my spot."

Haeyul mulled over Prince Riki's reasons for choosing a small window over his chamber, even when his chamber is undeniably spacious for only one person. How does she know it's spacious? Because so is every other chamber in this castle. In fact, Eve said that the princes' chambers were far bigger than the chamber Haeyul was staying in, especially Jungwon's since he is chosen to be a king.

"Just because my bedroom is bigger, doesn't make it any better than this place." Riki said, countering her thoughts. Wait, how did he know her thoughts?
Haeyul ignored the odd coincidence. "It's far more dangerous here."
"And?"
"You will be risking your safety and it's a matter of life or death."

Riki scoffed at her words, "I won't die from falling." He countered, his voice held confidence, but the girl was unphased by it. "Judging from the height, even a vampire will get injured from the fall." Haeyul retorted.

"Yeah, but not die." Riki stubbornly continued. He had a big pride and was known for his competitive spirit. Once, he lost a game to Prince Sunoo and kept bothering Sunoo for a rematch until he won. That incident went on for weeks.
"Whatever."

"Is it because of the scenery?" Haeyul asked as she walked closer to the window. The view was beautiful to say the least. You could see the tall trees, covering the large land and the silhouette of tall mountains. The thunder and lightning have ceased while Haeyul ventured through the castle, but the rain showed no signs of stopping any time soon. 

"The scenery?" Riki laughed causing confusion to the girl across him. "I've seen better sceneries, human." He shook his head in amusement. Did the human think this kind of view is something extraordinary? He sees this every day; it was nothing special.

"Then why did you pick this place?" Haeyul huffed, her patience thinning as she was eager for the answer. 

The prince cheekily smiled and gripped her hands. Haeyul shut her eyes as she grunts when she felt her body being pulled off the ground and harsh droplets of water hitting her hair. She heard Riki tittered at her reaction. They landed a few seconds later and Haeyul finally opened her eyes.

Haeyul took a deep breath, "What the hell-" Her eyes shot at Riki's and to the view in front of her, "Are we on the roof right now?-" She tried to form words to express her current emotions but failed to do so. Her clothes were now drenched with water and her hair was now sticking to her neck.

She subconsciously stepped forward to the edge of the roof as she stared at the whole forest beneath her. Before she could take another step forward, an arm appeared in front of her chest, stopping her movement. "You're going to fall." Riki coldly warned, pushing her back slightly.

Haeyul nodded, gulping her saliva. 
"You're scared of heights?" Riki guessed, taking a seat on the slate roof. 

Haeyul denied the assumption, "Nope. I like roller coasters too much to be scared of heights, it gives you a good thrill you know." She explained, excitement flowed in her voice as she reminisced those amusement trips where her friends and her have the most fun in. 

Prince Riki sat in silence, "What is a..roller coaster?" He asked. Oh. Of course, he didn't know about roller coasters.

"Uhm, it's an exciting ride that takes you up and down- some even do loops. It's really fun!" Haeyul moved her hands around, imitating how roller coasters go. The young prince listened attentively as she continued with her roller coaster stories. Riki didn't really understand tis roller coaster concept that well, but from the way she told her stories, it sounded interesting. He wants to try ride in it.

"Where can I find one?" Riki asked.

"You can find lots of them in amusement park from my timeline!" Haeyul said. Her feet rested on a tile as her knees were brought up to her chest.

Riki silently nodded and faced the other direction. "It sounds fun." He said flatly. 

"It..is..." Haeyul's voice trailed off as she noticed the shift in the mood. Riki noticed the human's sudden silence and faced her. "What?"

Haeyul realized Riki wishes to ride a roller coaster, but the difference in timeline made it impossible for it to be fulfilled. "Are you perhaps upset?" She bluntly asked.  

Riki shook his head, "I find it interesting how you talk about your world with such happiness." He told. He leaned back on the wet roof, his hands resting behind his head. "Even when you only talk about this mere roller coaster ride, your face just brightens up. I don't understand you, humans." He revealed.

"I hate how humans can live with such a carefree mind. The world has given you so many disadvantages, yet you all seem to not give a care about it. You learn how to live your life peacefully without any special abilities to help you. Humans can easily cheer themselves up just by remembering an old memory which doesn't exists anymore."

"So, tell me, how do you do that?" He questions with such desperation until Haeyul was speechless, "How do you stay cheery even when the world brings you down? How do you continue having a good relationship with your friends despite your differences?"

The brunette opened her mouth to answer. "We d-" 
"There you are." A voice pierced their conversation, catching both the vampire and human's attention. 

Prince Jungwon stood in front of them. He observed the two people in front of him, their wet clothes didn't go unnoticed by him. he averted his gaze from Haeyul's clothes. She hadn't realized she was wearing white, causing her underclothes to be seen through the thin material. 

Prince Riki stood up from his position, brushing his drenched hair back. "Prepare yourself. You will be attending a meeting along with Heeseung." Jungwon informed, not bothering to glance at his younger brother as his eyes stayed glued on Haeyul's chocolate ones. Riki curtly nodded and left the place.

"What were you doing with him?"

I hope you enjoyed reading thiss

Don't forget to vote, comment and share
it would help a lot!