.Epilouge.

THE GOLDEN RAY of light fell on the tall man as the kitchen was filled with silence. The lady beside him watched over him carefully, a smile tugging her lips as she watched the latter finish the last details of the pie they created. His broad shoulders blocked her view as he stood up, scanning the dessert one last time.

The lady extended her arms, putting her hands on the side of his shoulders. "Satisfied?" Her velvet voice inquired, leaning forward as she rested her chin on his shoulder.

The king bopped his head, his hair bounced as he does so. "Very." He told with a contented smile.

"Good because the little ones are waiting." The brunette huffed, dusting her hands before taking her apron off. They have been in the kitchen for over two hours, spending most of their noon in the kitchen together. All of those effort just to bake a simple apple pie.
She had expected the latter to follow her after hearing her statement however she looked back only to see him staring fondly at her. A stare that never fails to bloom the withering flowers.

"Won," Haeyul called, tilting her head as she motioned him to follow her. However, he continued to stare at her.

Jungwon leaned on the table, unable to help to admire the woman in front of him. Even after years of loving her, he never got tired of it. There was no dull moment being with her. Everyday became worthwhile and more entertaining, and when he was in his lowest days, she had never thought of leaving his side.

As his eyes trailed on her features, he noticed how her hair has gotten lighter in color—most likely from aging, her skin was comparatively fairer than it was before due to the weather, her cheeks were fuller, and her lips grew darker yet there was one thing that never changed about her. Her eyes. Those dark brown eyes. It always welcomes him into a warm hug and resonates serenity towards the people around her.

Unlike the girl he had met two decades ago, Haeyul has grown into a matured lady—a queen. She has three children, one set of twins, Juwon and Haewon, and a son, Jaewon. The three of them were known as the Won Siblings. Ironically, the win in everything.

"They're not little anymore, honey." Jungwon chuckled, taking the pie cautiously.

Haeyul lift her chin up, pursing her lips. "They may not be but to me, they will always be our little ones." She told.
The king nodded. "Okay, okay, whatever you say."

The wedded couple walked down the corridor as they headed to the dining hall, their hands tangled together as they chattered endlessly. Once they arrived the heavy doors opened, revealing three vampires sat at the center of the table. Judging by their appearance, they were most likely in their teenage years.

Haeyul knocked on the table, asking for their attention but none of them looked up since they were too occupied with their own activities. She frowned, sighing at their reactions. Jungwon cleared his throat, eyeing all three of the kids.

Hearing the king, the princess and princes all stopped their actions and focused on the man in front of them. "Dad," The eldest spoke first, getting up his feet and bowed to both his mom and dad. Jaewon was soon followed by the twins. 

"Did none of you heard your mother just now? Jungwon inquired.
"No." Juwon answered, "What did mom say?"

The mother shook her head, "Come, eat this." She changed the topic as Jungwon placed the pie on the table. Haeyul sliced the pie and distributed it to everyone, making sure every slice is the same size to avoid any future bickering. The kids' eyes light up in joy when they saw their favorite dessert. 

"Wow!" Haewon gasped as she glanced at her mom and then her dad. "When did you two make this?!"
"Just now." Jungwon replied, "It's fresh out of the stove."
Juwon's shoulders relaxed as he made a sound of delight, closing his eyes. "I will never get tired of your extraordinary pies, Mom." He said, honesty iced his exaggeration causing the woman to laugh loudly.

"Oh yea, Dad," Jaewon called, earning Jungwon's attention, "I finished all of the books you given me yesterday. I also finished making the revision you wanted. I even double che-" 
Haeyul noticed Haewon and Juwon shared a look together, knowing they will soon get questioned about their undone assignments after their older brother finished talking. She chuckled. 

"Jaewon, sweety, I think you all deserve a break. The three of you have been working hard every day so to reward you, you will have a break for two days." Haeyul cut him off. The twins rose in from their seats, unable to comprehend the words their mom just said while Jungwon questioned Haeyul through their mind link.

"You've been too hard on them these days." Haeyul told.
"Jaewon needs to understand how difficult it is to be King."
"He still has plenty of time, honey. For now, he should enjoy his remaining childhood."
Jungwon exhaled in defeat, nodding his head in agreement. He doesn't want his children to have the same experiences as him because work can cost your relationship between your family members. "Alright."

"Then can we go to the flower field again?" Haewon immediately suggested, referring to the flower field where Elena and Haeyul had picked flowers at. "I want to garner more flowers for my journal." She informed.
Her twin scoffed, "You always want to pick flowers. Those flowers are planted for the upcoming balls we will have." 
"I only take a few from millions, it won't make a difference."
"Millions can turn to thousands."
"Only after hundred thousands of flowers are picked!
"Can the two of you stop fighting?"
"We're not fighting!!"

Haeyul shook her head, leaning Jungwon as she watched her kids argue for the umpteenth time today. "They remind me of us." Jungwon revealed and the brunette snorted. "We weren't that bad last time." She defended, not wanting to admit the fact.

"Yeah, you're right." Jungwon said, "We were much worse than them."
The brunette playfully hit him on the head while a wide grin displayed on her face. Yes, they were worse than that. They hated each other after all. But love works wonder and two contradicting people managed to fall in love with each other despite their differences. For one had his future set in stone since his childhood while the other had no sense of direction of her future.

They lived in two different worlds, yet the two opposites collided while they were lost in time. By a euphoric feeling called love.

THE END

Don't forget to leave your last vote, comment and share on this story!💕💕💕💕

💕💕💕💕