.Thirty-Two.

HAEYUL FLUTTERED HER eyes open, the sudden light pierced her eyes causing her to faintly wince. She glanced around her as she took in her surroundings. From the looks of it, she guessed she was currently in a tent. A deep voice rumbled beside her, "So it was all a misunderstanding?" The accent held in the voice made it difficult for Haeyul to understand.

"It seems like it." A familiar voice responded. It was Jungwon, Haeyul recognized it. His voice eased her. At least she knows one person in the room. She wanted to announce her presence, but her mouth said nothing as she continued listening to their conversation. 

The same deep voice sighed, "Alright then, on everyone's behalf, we, centaurs, apologize." The centaur said. She saw Jungwon nodded his head and pain struck Haeyul's body as she shifted to her side.

The sudden voice caught everyone's attention as Jungwon kneeled down on one knee in front of her. His cold hands held her shoulders, helping her to seat up, "Thank you." Haeyul muttered. "How are you feeling?" The prince looked straight in her eyes and something weird lurched in Haeyul's stomach. 
"I..I'm okay." She assured as she pushed away his hands. 

A small frown plastered her face in confusion. What was that? 
The centaur standing behind Jungwon, approached Haeyul and the latter scooted backwards as she avoided the half-man. The previous scenes in the forest played in her head as she kept her eyes on the centaur's every move with wary.

The centaur extended his arm and Haeyul flinched by his sudden action. "Did that scare you?" The brown-haired centaur asked, his brow arching upwards. "Sorry then, I only wanted to introduce myself. I'm Po." He chuckled while Haeyul stiffly bopped her head, acknowledging his introduction.

Po glimpsed at her side, her bruise catching his attention as his lips pressed into a thin line.  "You should get yourself checked up. Oale can fix and heal any injury, her tent is right next to ours." He informed. Jungwon tapped her knee as his back faced her, motioning her to get on. At first, Haeyul refused, not wanting to burden him anymore but like always, Jungwon stubbornly insisted—leaving her no choice but to obliged to his demand. 

"I can walk you know." Haeyul grumbled.
"I know."
"Then, what are you waiting for? Put me down."
"It's quicker with you on my back."

The brunette opened her mouth to fight with his statement until a feminine voice greeted them. "Ah, Seo Haeyul, I was waiting for your arrival." The mysterious woman smiled at the human as Haeyul blinked her eyes. How did the woman know her name? "How do you know my name?" She voiced out her thoughts, "And how did you know we were taking a visit here?"

The woman chuckled, finally facing the pair, her white pair of orbs examined the two from head to toe and a sly smile etched on her lips. "Your Highness," She referred to the prince, who was carrying the human on his back, "I need you to step out the tent for a moment and don't forget to shut the entrance closed." She told.

"Unless you want everyone to see your lover naked."
Haeyul's eyes bulged out when she heard Oale's assumption. There was a lull in the tent, neither Haeyul nor Jungwon spoke.

"We're not lovers." Jungwon corrected her monotonously, breaking the silence. Hearing his statement, Haeyul felt her shoulders slumped down. All of the sudden, her smile felt forced as the corner of her lips faltered. Why was she feeling this way? 

Jungwon spoke nothing but the truth, but somehow it pained her to hear him saying it out loud. 

"I see. The progress is slower than I thought..." Oale whispered to herself as she fiddled with her long braids.
"Pardon?"

"I'll be taking my leave now." Jungwon excused himself, setting Haeyul down on a stool before exiting the tent.

Oale leaned on the table counter as she looked at the human. Her next order made Haeyul stood up from the stool, baffled from the inappropriate request. "Take of your clothes." The centaur ordered languidly. 

"What?!" Haeyul shouted. Everyone, both inside and outside the tent, stopped when they heard the loud voice. 

As if she had expected the reaction, Oale sighed, "Don't think of anything weird. I just want to see your bruise. We are both females anyway." She said as she waved her hand, signaling her to quickly remove her outerwear. Haeyul scratched her neck in hesitation. Nevertheless, she took the edge of her dress, the wind tickling her skin as she stripped herself. 

"Now, let's see what ointment is best for your bruise."

Meanwhile, Jungwon waited outside the tent patiently while he conversed with Sunoo. Their conversation went by smoothly until a yell penetrated their eardrums. Sunoo stared at the tent as concern flashed in his eyes. "Do you think she'll be okay?" He asked.

But the younger prince was too immersed in his thoughts as Oale's words rang in his ears. I see. The progress is slower than I thought. He pondered over what she meant by her statement. "Lover.." He mumbled, loud enough only for him to hear. 

Peculiar. He used to find the word foreign—something he couldn't obtain. A lover. And whenever he heard the castle's staffs call Princess Aene his lover, it never affected him at all but when the centaur called Haeyul his lover, a warm feeling travelled his veins. A sense of calmness overtook his body then and there, resulting a lull in their conversation. 

"Yang Jungwon!" Sunoo exclaimed as he crossed his arms. "Are you even listening to me?"

"No." Jungwon replied shamelessly. His brother clicked his tongue in disapprovement, "As an apology, the centaurs have decided to let us stay here for the night. When do you think we should head back home?" Sunoo inquired.

"Tomorrow once the sun awakes." 
Sunoo nodded and walked over to Sunghoon, who was talking with Eve as they savored each other's company. Jungwon glanced at the tent where Haeyul was in, a sigh leaving his lips as he took a seat right in front of the tent's entrance, ensuring no one enters or peek in the tent.

They're in the middle of the forest & planning to stay the night

I wonder what happens at night, under the twinkling stars after everyone is asleep.. 🤔

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!