32. Verdict

Happy Biccha Day☺❤

Ignore typo and grammatical mistake.

People were walking around him but he wasn’t bother to see who come or go. All of his focus only on his baby as he was holding her securely in his fatherly arms. Scaring of even blinking his eyes because he was thinking if he blinks, his child will be snatched away by the cruel world.

"Babbal, don’t worry. Everything will be alright", He turned to his right side, saw his wife, his strength, Iccha. She was holding his one hand, giving him strength. Babbal is afraid, thinking why her sweet voice isn't taking away all of his worries today, like it always does. He forced a smile on his face for her and nodded his head as yes.

Right now, they are sitting into the courtroom. Today is the hearing date. Today the judge will give his verdict, who will get Bhavya's custody.

They were waiting for the judge coming.

Babbal's eyes fell on Navya who was sitting on a bench which was in the opposite row of where they were sitting. She smirked seeing Babbal and then she looked at Bhavya who was sleeping peacefully in Babbal's arms. Then she mouthed at Babbal, "I will take her farrr away." Babbal immediately looked away from her and hugged Bhavya tightly, hid her face into his chest.

After some time, Judge entered into the courtroom. Everyone stood up except Babbal. He was only looking at his child.

"Babbal, stand up.", Iccha spoke. Babbal looked up and saw the judge. His heart skipped out of fear seeing the judge. He stood up and then everyone sat down.

Each passing time, Babbal was getting restless. They called Navya to the witness box and asked some questions to her and all she replied was a white lie. She blamed Babbal for their separation and tried to prove him incapable of getting the child custody. Then they called Babbal too. He went to the witness box and looked at Iccha. She nodded her head, assuring him.

"So, mr. Singhania, what your ex-wife told the reason for both of your separation was that true?", The lawyer of Navya's asked him.

"No, it wasn’t true.", Babbal replied.

"Then can you tell the court, what's the reason of your separation?"

"Navya wanted to free from this relationship."

"I ask you the reason, mr. Singhania."

"She...she gets someone else.", Babbal hesitated to say.

"Does that mean you weren’t enough?", The lawyer asked, mockingly. Babbal looked down. Iccha fisted her hands angrily and cursed the lawyer under her breath. She wanted to smack the lawyer so hard for crossing his limits.

"Objection your honor. Bringing this topic, My opponent lawyer is insulting my client. We are here for the custody of the child not to judge why parents were separated."

"Your honor, to know who is more capable to get the child custody, the court need to know the reason of divorce."

"Objection sustained!", Judge spoke.

"Thank you, your honor.", Babbal's lawyer spoke and then he sat down on his seat.

Navya's lawyer again started asking Babbal another question, "We heard you just survive from a deadly cancer. Do you think you're capable enough to take care of a 10 months child now?"

"Y-yes. I'm a-absolutely fine now."

"Why are you stammering then?"

"I don’t."