my love.

sunday 5th june 2022.

"jisung i swear i will punch you in your fucking face if you cheat one more time, it's a game!!" changbin shouted as he threw the snap cards onto the table while jisung was laughing uncontrollably.

some things just never changed.

"okay okay fine, i won't cheat." he was clearly lying but changbin just pretended to believe him.

"are you sure you don't mind the others coming tonight.. i mean you haven't seen him in 4 years.." jisung just nodded, he was ready to face him again. even if it meant he saw him with someone else. jisung didn't care now. it's been 4 years.

the older smiled and just as he was about to talk the doorbell went off. "come on ji."

the two ran downstairs and answered the door revealing chan, felix, hyunjin, jeongin, seungmin and minho. when jisung locked eyes with him again everything came back to him.

the last time he had looked the older in his eyes the were filled with tears.

he looked so happy. and of course as jisung suspected, he was holding seungmin's hand.

there was something different about minho now. his hair was shorter, and his eye bags were gone. he looked a lot healthier.

normally when jisung had made eye contact with minho he would feel noting but love. it was different this time.

there was no feeling there.

as everyone was greeting each other minho walked straight over to the younger and smiled. "you look well." he said, and jisung smiled. "you do too."

"i'm sorry-" minho began but was cut off but jisung pulling him into a hug. "it's okay hyung. i forgave you the day i walked out that door. we were made to be friends."

with that minho hugged jisung tighter and whispered "yeah.. friends..." jisung smiled and pulled away from the hug.

"how are you and seungmin?" the younger asked, that same smile on his face.

it may of not geek a real smile but it was still that same smile that minho used to compliment everyday.

it took a minute for the older to reply. "well" was all that minho could spit out. instead of saying anything the lee pointed towards seungmins hand.

there was a ring.

why did this make jisung's heart shatter again. he felt exactly how he did the day minho told him he loved him but then said seungmins name straight after.

his thoughts were interrupted by minho laughing. "not yet, i was joking. he's had that ring for years! but we're doing well" the older continued to laugh, earning a small punch in his arm from jisung.

"how about you? have you found someone else yet?" minho hesitantly asked, jisung shook his head in response.

the older let out a quiet 'oh' he was kinda shocked. "i've been single for ages, changbin has tried setting me up with multiple people but they're all boring. bring singles fun!"

the two laughed and put them arms around each other and went to join the rest of their friends in the living room. tonight was going to be a good night.

for jisung, life with minho wasn't visible. did he have regrets? yeah. he did. almost every night he thinks to himself what would of happened if he didn't leave that day. would it still be the same?

minho was his first love.

the two boys knew that they were never going to work out. but they would always be together in a way.

the small star tattoos they had hidden behind their ears would keep them connected forever.

maybe in another life.

the end.