[008]: never say xever

tw: swearing, blood?
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・''・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

even if months before you have had a moment where you looked at april with a different light, things between the two of you didn't change.

a lot of time had passed from the day you rescued her and you had probably started to stop doubting about her innocence.

but with the comments, hard glares and other little things she had started to do to set you off you couldn't help but still found her quite annoying.

you both tried to hide it the most when you were with the boys, but the moment you found yourself alone with one another it was over.

still when she suggested to take your friends out for something more than just patrolling you had to agree.

those guys deserved a break and to see the city with a different light.

that's why you ended up walking near the girl with four mutant turtles, they needed to hide in the shadow but it was taking you at least double the time to arrive to the place.

"you guys want to speed it up a little?" she asked as she thought all of the reptilians where behind her.

"are you saying turtles are slow?" asked donnie from a corner in front of you.

"that's a hurtful stereotype." said mickey with a sad tone.

"yeah, kinda racist." you fake pouted.

she rolled her eyes at you before leo explained the reason behind their behaviour.

"trust us, april. we are better off keeping a low profile. we find people treat us better when they don't know we exist." your expression fell as you were reminded of the way people would act about them, not understanding why human had this fear for the unknown.

"sorry, i'm just so excited to get you out of the sewer for a change." she responded not addressing the whole meaning of leo's phrase.

"what are you talking about? we go out all the time." answered raph really confused.

"yeah, but tonight you're going to do something besides hitting people." you nodded in agreement, before looking in his direction.

he made a face of disappointed as he probably wanted to blow off some steam.

"don't worry. you're going to love this noodle place i found."

"and you're sure we'll be welcome?" questioned donnie.

"oh, yeah. mr. murakami doesn't care what you look like. in fact, he won't even know what you look like-" you watched as she continued to talk not getting to the point.

"he's blind" you interrupted and you watched as the boys expressions changed from confused to understanding.

"awesome!"

mickey made a pained sound as he was hit behind his head by raphael making him correct his mistake.

"i mean, for us obviously."

nobody said anything else as april turned around walking away, you all started to followed her staying a little behind.

"so, [name], you saw this place?" asked leo still doubting a little.

"yeah" you responded simply still looking in front of you, your hands were in your pocket and you walked slowly to not leave the boys behind.

"is he really blind?"

"yes mickey" you chuckled turning your head in his direction, you put your right arms around his neck bringing him near you.

"and ya're sure we are not gonna get any problems?" ralph cocked an eyebrow at you.