4

The seven looked ahead at their opponents, gripping their weapons tightly as the giants held smug smirks upon their less than pleasing faces.

Percy looked up at the sky, sensing their presence. "So you came..."

The gods suddenly flashed in, appearing in all of their Olympian glory, battle armour and aura's flaring.

"Father." Percy finished, looking at the god of the sea.

Poseidon hugged his son tightly, his armour clanking against his son's chest, Percy being slightly taller.

"Son, you're looking rather... strong." The sea god noticed, a proud edge to his voice.

"Well, someone's got to be strong, can't always rely on you."

Although meant as a joke, Poseidon could feel the bitter meaning his son's words held. He knew how his son felt, it rose guilt within the god, he hadn't done much to combat the ancient laws, which Percy had stressed since the day he made it to camp.

"So you finally show yourself Zeus. Stepping off that rich throne of yours for once?" The king of the giants taunted.

"Olympus will not fall on this day." Zeus responded.

"Let's spill the blood of some demigods, and see how true that statement becomes." The giant growled, hoisting his spear into a battle ready position.

The Olympians stood by their children, Artemis standing next to Reyna in her mother's absence.

The goddess of the hunt looked over at Percy, feeling his gaze on her.

Their eyes met, sharp silver to a dark, deep green.

Artemis blinked, and suddenly the son of Poseidon was nowhere to be seen.

Artemis's bane (insert name) suddenly cried out in pain before bursting into golden dust.

Without a god, the son of Poseidon stood victoriously where the giant used to stand.

Appearing at her side before he could be attacked, Percy smiled. "Zoë made me promise."

To protect you was the promise.

The goddess remembered that day as clear as he did. The moment he gained her respect, the moment he saved her lieutenant's life.

While the goddess wasn't surprised to see him holding strong to his promise, she was quite shocked in the way he did so.

“How did you just move so fast?" Artemis asked.

"You have your secrets milady, I have mine."

"Call me Artemis, and second of all, no, you do not get to have secrets, I demand you explain to me this moment what that was." She spoke commandingly.

"You know, you're a lot more likeable when you act friendly."

Before Artemis could shoot his ear off, Percy whipped back to his father's side.

"Zeus isn't going to like whatever that was." His father warned him, eyeing his brother who was in turn eyeing Perseus intensely.

"Zeus should be grateful I'm on his side right now."

Poseidon wasn't surprised to see his son being relatively 'rebellious' it was in his nature by blood, yet the new found strength he seemed to have, he was very confident in it, enough so to say what he said.

"Well? Are we going to fight or not?" Percy asked, watching the giants eye the group carefully, though if you looked closer their focus was on the son of Poseidon.