Ciara-1

Hitting the half way mark to 30 didn't feel good and I wasn't sure if it was suppose to. I felt like I didn't complete anything I truly wanted. I went to business school and got my degree, but still felt incomplete.

Partying with friends didn't help, dating different people didn't help, even just relaxing and taking vacations didn't help. Something was missing.

I was determined to find out what the missing puzzle piece was in my life, so I packed up all my crap and moved to the city where my uncle lived. He was supportive of whatever dreams I had and decided to buy me a small building so I could open a Cafe with baked goods.

Making Sweets became an outlet for me when I was around 12. Whenever I was stressed about school or loosing my dad, I would make a cupcake and give it to my mom. The praise was more than enough to make me feel better about my self and continue past the stress. Soon 12 turned to 18 and I was becoming better and better. My lovely mother even put me through classes and helped me to master my craft.

By the time i was 21, I used my charm and sold small treats to people on my campus and even made some personalized cakes for friends and family. I had the business all I needed was a building and more knowledge on owning a business.

So here I am 25 moving away from the only family and friends I've ever known to start somewhere new.

I sat on my luggage waiting for my uncle to pick me up from the airport. My uncle Kal was only a couple years older than me since my grandparents had him pretty late in life.

My mom was 20 when she had me while my uncle was still only 3. We practically grew up together and ended up becoming more like siblings than uncle and niece. Although, this also  meant he was still very immature.

After around half an hour of waiting, Kal finally arrived at airport.

"Before you yell at me, I'm sorry. Something came up at the bar and I had to take care of it." Kal says rushing out the car to help me put my things in the trunk.

"It's fine. You know I don't mind waiting."  I smile as he closes the trunk.

He looks at me and sighs letting a smile grace his face, "I forget your not like your mom. Come on get in. I'll bring you to the apartment and the later we can check out the bakery."

We get into his car and he starts to drive to the apartment building which isn't as far away as I assumed. He pulls into the apartment parking lot after around 40 minutes of driving. It was a nice building standing very tall obviously holding a lot of tenants.

The lot was clean and crisp on the outside making it look slightly wealthy.

"Are you sure I can afford to live here?" I say quietly looking up at the building.

"Of course you can," we get out the car, "a friend of mine owns the building and just happened to make me the manager of the building."

Kal gets my stuff out of his car and we make our way into the building. It's reassuring that he's friends with the owner, but it's also confusing as to how my uncle knows someone with money.

Any ways, we walk into the building and take the elevators to the 4th floor. For some reason I get a nervous feeling as we get closer and closer to my new home. How will I handle living alone? I've either lived with my mother or bunked up with a friend.

Am I doing the right thing.

"Here we are." Kal puts my stuff down infront of the door of apartment 23 and starts to unlock it. I wipe my hands on my jeans nervously and then walk in with my small bag.

"Your room is down that hall way and to the right." Kal says bringing my bigger bags inside.

I look around as I walk slowly to my new room. The kitchen and living room are connected but you see the living room first when you walk in. Infront of the front door and next to the couch is a hallway that leads to the rooms and bathrooms.