Everett- 10

After she had fell asleep on me I had to slowly remove her from me and actually get ready for work.

I left a note saying where I was and telling her that the cat is going to need somewhere to relieve itself.

I wish she could still be cuddling me even as she wakes up, but I have bills to pay and now a mouth to feed.

I go to my room to take off my hoodie and change my shirt into a black button up to keep up on dress code. I roll up the sleeves to past my forearms and head out.

I was going to be right on time so I took my time locking up and walking down to the street. I reach in my pockets to put my earbuds in but quickly realize I forgot them. I stop and turn to go back but know that this will set me back and I won't be on time. I have to be on time.

I take a deep breathe and prepare my self for the horrible walk to work.

[I haven't even done anything yet.]

Keyword: Yet. I don't want to deal with you.

[ Well I think it's about time we had a long talk. Especially since you tend to ignore me. You know most people actually listen to that little voice in their head. ]

That little voice in their head usually is their voice of reason. You're just the devil.

[ You forget that you created me. You can't hate when I'm your own creation]

Don't even try to put that on me. My father created you. That trauma he caused? Yeah your the result. Now can I please walk to work in silence.

[Of course not]

You're so-

Buzz- Buzz-

I reach for my phone and look to see Ciara calling me. She's God sent I swear. I quickly answer, thankful someone can quiet the voice down.

"Hello?"

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I can practically hear the frown on her face.

"You were tired and I had to go to work. Why would I wake you up?"

"Im not that tired. I could've walked with you and hung out at the bar."

"You don't need to be at the bar. It's boring there." I put my free hand in my pocket confused as why she would even want to be at the bar. It's not like it's real dirty or smelly. Actually, It's pretty modern looking with some nice decor, but the people that come in, suck.

"Yeah, but you're there."

I immediately stop and put a hand over my face hiding the stupid smile on my face. I slightly slap my face and clear my throat walking again.

"Everett, are you still there?"

"Ye- ahem, Yeah I'm still here. Sorry, uh, you can come down to the bar if you want. Today may be alittle busy though."

There's a pause before she speaks again, "I'll wait for you to come home. I forgot the kitten is here so I'll stay home."

"Okay."

"One more thing and I'll leave you alone." Her voice comes out alittle shaky almost like she's nervous.

"Go ahead..."

"I...uh...I like you."

I again have to stop walking this time finding my self kneeling down to the ground. My face is on fire and my heart is suddenly racing.

The phone is still to my ear as I try not to breathe to loud or even make a noise.

"Okay, be safe. Bye." She rushes the words out of her mouth and hangs up. She has no idea what she does to me. I slide my phone in my pocket before burying my face in my hands. I was so flustered I couldn't even stand up.