Ciara- 4

I couldn't stop smiling. My first new friend and he also happens to be my new roommate.

All day while doing interviews and doing inventory, I kept smiling with excitement. I couldn't wait for it to be 9.

I looked at the time and saw it was already 8:45 at night, so I started to pack up my stuff and clean whatever mess I made. I was almost done cleaning when the entrance door opened making the entrance bell ring.

I look to the door and see Kal coming in with his signature smile.

"You really need to lock this door when your by yourself." He says walking towards me.

I put my laptop in my bag and take my keys out, "I had the last interview a half hour ago and forgot to lock the door."

"Okay so if you get kidnapped, I'll have the ransom money ready." Kal chuckles a bit at his own joke.

"No offense, I love when you visit, but why are you here?"

Kal follows me out of the store and I lock it quickly before we start walking towards the bar, "Everett told me about your little date so I came down here to walk you up."

I look at Kal confused and kind of embarrassed. This isn't a date, I just wanted to get to know the person I'm going to be living with for a while.

"It's not a date. I'd like to get to know him and know who I'm going to be forcibly living with." I narrow my eyes slightly at him and he takes the hint.

"Hey, I said I'm sorry. I couldn't afford to get you another apartment, but Everett's a good guy, you'll be fine." Kal says.

"How did you even meet him? You guys seem close."

Kal shakes his head and smiles, "I'm not answering that. Ask him on your little date."

"I said it's not a date." I playfully slap his arm
And he just laughs and fakes a pained face. The rest of the walk was short showing just how close my shop was to the bar.

As soon as I walked in it smelled like alcohol, cologne and vanilla. I expected the smell of alcohol but vanilla was unexpected. Kal led me to the back where the break room was and where I guessed Everett might be. I was too distracted by the smell and decor to look for him.

Suddenly a girl around my age busted into the room with an annoyed look on her face, "Kal's get out here! Everett's doing it again."

Kal turns to her with a surprises look that turns into a Normal face as if this happens too many times for him to be annoyed or shocked.

"I'm coming," Kal turns to me. "Stay in here. Or don't, it really doesn't matter."

Kal then leaves the room and of course I leave with him. Over in the corner or the bar is some guy holding his nose in pain and glaring at Everett. Everett stands in front of the man with his hands in his pockets and a blank look on his face.

"Okay what's going on here?" Kal sighs and puts his hands on his hips.

Everett keeps quiet and stares, but not at Kal at me. He looks me up and down as if he just met me. Something clicks in his head that makes his eyes lighten and he realizes where he is.

"Your psycho bartender just broke my nose. I'm going to sue the hell out of this place!" The man, who looks to be in his mid forties and sporting a beer belly, glares at Everett and then at Kal.

"Everett. Give me the reason." Kal says ignoring the mans claim.

Everett keeps quiet and points behind him. Our heads turn to a young girl who looks no older then 16 peeks out from behind Everett's broad frame.