Final chapter

5 years later....

EVERETT

Time passed, and our feelings only grew stronger, and the voice in my head vanishing. It felt nice to have a partner. Someone to make life more tolerable.

We reached our thirties together and  talked about our future and that didn't include kids. I wasn't a fan of proposing. I wanted to just put a ring on her finger and not even hear her answer. But I didn't do that, no I simply pulled out a ring from my bedside table drawer and just shoved it in her face.

Of course she found it hilarious and put the ring on while trying to say yes without laughing.

So that's where we are. Engaged.

I decided to get a new job. No not with the FBI like my brother, but still with the government. So I still kill for money, just...legally.

Ciara wasn't too happy about it at first, but she seems fine with it now. Her store was doing great so there wasn't much for her to mad at.

We moved out of that little apartment and I bought her a house. A small house in a nice neighborhood. Big enough for us two and A guest.

I wanted to help make her life perfect and I could only hope I was achieving that.

CIARA

He was perfect. Every choice he made was to make me happy. I was flattered by it, but had to let him know he can do things for himself as well.

And when he told me  that he decided to get a job killing people for money...

I was upset at first yes, mainly because of the first time he told me he killed someone it genuinely made me scared of him. But when he told me it was a government thing, I guess that made it better.

The week after the he shoved a ring in my face, his family came to visit us at the new house. Adrian and Peyton brought their son who was now 7 and already pretty tall. He might be taller than his dad by the time he's 16.

Instead of a kid we kept the small kitten who was now a full grown cat. He was our child in a way.

We were comfortable with our now shared life. Sometimes I was still worried that his second personality would take over and do, God knows what, but it never happened. And now I doubt it will.

Every now and then he will say or do something that isn't his usual way of acting, but it's very possessive and dominating. I don't HATE it, matter of fact I kinda like it.

He'd go a whole week of being his sweet quiet self and then on a random Saturday night he's extra handsy and commanding. It had to be Adam personality shining through a tiny bit.

But despite Adam still having an influence. We were happy. And that's all that mattered to me.

I'm more than happy to see where life takes us, together.

——
I'm so happy this book is done 💀

Now LISTEN. There's a book I had started and want to continue but I can only continue it with comments since it Is interactive through comments. I don't have a great following but I still wanna try since I like the idea. LET ME KNOW LOVERSSS