Everett 14

The next chapter after this one is going to be REALLY short and also the END. :)

I watch Ciara as she walks out of my view. The feeling of her hand on my back was still there.

"Everett," My mother brings my attention to her by reaching up and grabbing my face gently she smiles at me and lightly caresses me with her thumb, "You look happy."

Her eyes are sparkly like she's so happy she might cry. This is why I never wanted to come see her. The thought of Adam possible ruining that look on her face and making a return is an event I fear, but see happening.

"I am happy, Mom." I smile at my mother and try to relax. For the few months Ciara and I have been figuring out exactly what we are, I haven't heard a peep out of Adam.

My doctor gave me some new medicine also and that seems to helping with it too. The only thing is that the thoughts that use to be his have become my own. I find my self saying things that I normally wouldn't say but Adam would say in a heart beat. Of course I have more self control over what I say, but it felt like Adam is just me now.

"How's your head?" She asks

I know she really means, is Adam alive and well?

"It's quiet. He's quiet."

"Do you think...maybe your healing? Maybe he's gone."

"I don't think he's gone for good, but I am getting better. Ciara's been helping me." A smile comes to my face before I can even try to hold it back.

"I like her. I thought you would never visit so I'm guessing I have her to thank for being able to finally see you."

"I'm sorry, Mom. I just didn't want to risk hurting you." I instantly start to feel bad for not coming to see her sooner.

"I know, you told me. Anyways, Micheal will be home in a few minutes, I'm going to make him a plate and then get to bed." I watch as she quickly wipes her face free of any tears.

It pains me to know her tears are because of me. I didn't visit because I was afraid this would happen, but of course it happened anyways.

"Okay. I'll see you in the morning." I hesitate before leaning down and wrapping my arms around my mother.

Shes of course shocked my the affection at first but hugs me back even tighter. I can't help but nuzzle my face into her neck the same way I did when I was young. I remember the way she smelled before she left my father's prison of a home and how warm and soft she was to hug. I felt like a boy who needed his mommy.

"Go up to your girlfriend. She's probably lonely without you." My mother pats my back before letting me go.

I nod my head and let out a sniffle, not realizing my eyes are wet. I haven't cried in a while, but it felt good.

"Okay. I love you mom."

"I love you too, Baby boy." She smiles and then starts to playfully shoo me away. As I walk to the stairs I hear the front door open and a man's voice.

I was happy my mom found Micheal. She deserved to be happy and she was still young. She didn't deserve to be abused my by father or trapped with him because of us. She deserves the world.

I slowly walk up the stairs while wiping my face and to the room made for me and Ciara. I open the door and see she's sleeping on her side with her phone resting on her face. It makes me let out a snort before shutting the door and walking over to her. I sat on the bed and slowly removed her phone from her face.

I reach down and start taking my boots off, when I feel a hand on my arm, "Did you apologize to your mom?"

Ciara's voice came out groggy and tired. It was cute.