Everett 11 [M]

This goes from "Your a murderer?! to "PUT IT IN" .... for that I apologize.

(Not edited. Grammar mistake galore.)

EVERETT

[ This is not how I imagined her figuring out would go.]

I didn't imagine her ever knowing.

"Everett answer me. Have you actually killed someone or are you joking? I wouldn't mind laughing right now." She still stays close to me obviously hoping this is some dumb joke.

"It's complicated."

"Complicated? You either killed someone or you didn't." She fully pulls her self away from me and crosses her arms with a serious look on her face.

[Maybe I should take over and explain]

No, that's actually a horrible idea.

"I-I have."

[How does this even come up in conversation?]

"Oh my God. Was it an accident? Maybe you accidentally punched someone too hard?"

[She trying to excuse our sins. How cute]

"Ciara there's more to it. It's a lot to explain." I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose in frustration.

"Incase you haven't realized, you have the night off and I own my own buisness meaning we can talk all night for all I care. So go ahead explain." She doesn't move as she waits for me to speak.

Alright. I sit up straight and stare her dead in eyes, keeping any emotions deep down where they belong. She looks back at me eager for me to fess up.

"March 20th I had my first kill. I was 9 years old. I killed an ex employee of my father's because he had taken photos and files, planning to expose my father for child abuse and kidnapping. We followed him home after he packed up his stuff from the office and sniped him right in his front yard from the roof of an abandoned house. As I shot him I watched as his kids had run out to greet him. My father bought me and my brother icecream cones after that. Now that I think about it, that was my first time getting paid for it too."

She stares at me with wide eyes plagued with shock. I can already tell what she's thinking. It's what everyone thinks. Pure pity.

That pity won't cure me of my trauma.

"The year after on My birthday, instead of taking us out to eat or buying us regular gifts like any other parents, my dad kidnapped two people who exchanged information on him. What was our present? We both got to kill a man together. I guess that's what brotherhood is in my family. Being able to kill someone together. But before that, he made us burn the men's finger tips, cut out their tongues and rip out 12 teeth each. Should I go on?"

She shakes her head and puts a hand to her mouth as if she's going to throw up. She stands up and quickly runs out the room.

I only let out a sigh and stand up following her slowly. As I reach the bathroom I watch as he hunches over violently shaking as she throws up. I lean against the door frame and just watch. Nothing much I can do and not the first time getting this reaction.

"Are you okay?" I ask once she stops regurgitating.

She wipes her mouth with toilet paper and tiredly sits on her butt, "I-I'm fine."

"I would tell you every kill, but considering your reaction I should be quiet. Plus I wasn't even around for half of them." I bend down to her level.

She looks at me confused but I notice a new look in her eyes that I hoped to never see. She was scared. I can't help but let out a groan as my head droops down in disappointment. I knew this would happen.