Ciara- 8

He kissed me.

And I kissed him back.

It's seemed he regretted it though so maybe he did it on a whim or he's just touch starved. I do know one thing though, I don't regret it at all. To be very honest, I had been wanting to kiss him since the second week living with him.

I had the fattest crush on him and it wasn't just because he was hot (That was a plus), but because I had really gotten to know him and his weird, yet charming, quirks. Like when he mumbles to himself and his eyes start to flutter. Or how hes on time to everything, opposite to me who is late for everything. One time I even pranked him and told him that he was late to something Kal invited us to when in reality we were 5 minutes early. He started apologizing to me over and over again until I told him I was just kidding.

He also did little things that showed me he cared. When we would eat together he always gave me my food first, whether it was take out or if he cooked. When I hang out at the bar he always keeps his eyes on me and tries to stay with me while glaring at anyone and everyone who tries to hit on me. And then there was last night on the walk home from the grocery store. He was so protective it was like someone else was in control of his body. It was kind of hot.

But was he protective because he sees me as a friend or god forbid a little sister like Kal does? Then again, you dont kiss your little sister. I hope you dont.

I felt giddy because of the kiss but the realization of his regret made my heart sting a smidge. I wanted to talk about it, but him fleeing to his room didn't really allow us to do that. I don't want to force him to talk about it, but if I don't we may never speak again.

I let out a frustrated sigh and stay where I am. I've never been the pushy type so I decided not to force him to speak with me. Hopefully it will come up naturally and we can talk about it.

Spoiler: it did not come up naturally.

A day went by. Then a day turned into 5 days. And 5 days turned into 7. He avoided me like the plague. I was majorly butt hurt by this, but tried to keep my cool.

I would say a small hi when we crossed paths or even tried to make conversation when we happened to be in the room together. Everett, however, would only grunt in response or just say a stoic "Yeah."

Needless to say, he was pissing me off.

I talked about it with my best friend back home who said I should just lock him in a room and force him to talk to me, but there was no way I could do that. And The last person I was going to discuss this with was Kal. He would ask too many questions and he doesn't know how to keep a secret. The whole bar would know about the kiss.

I didn't know what to do or how to talk to him. Currently I was stress baking at my store. We sold out quickly so i guess my stress was helping my company continue to thrive.

Kneading dough, icing cakes, and candying strawberries filled my day. It made the day go by quick but didn't help my brain turn off the thoughts of the beautiful redhead living under the same roof as me.

I needed to talk to him. I wanted to let him know how much I wanted him not only as a friend but hopefully more. That kiss was a small glint of hope that maybe, just maybe he felt the same.

"Hey Boss, I'm leaving. The register is closed and I counted it." My employee, Marcos, comes into the kitchen only opening the door wide enough to talk to me before he leaves.

"Thanks Marcos. Good work today. Have the others left too?"

"Yeah, Ray and Gene cleaned up and went home." He smiles as he talks.