Everett-3

"Got ya breakfast."

Kal walks past me into the small living room with a small brown bag in his hands. I stop him from walking and grab the bag from him.

"I knew you would be hungry." Kal smiles and sits on the couch.

Ciara comes and sits next to him with a serious look on her face, showing she means business. I quickly grab a kitchen chair and sit infront of them, with the coffee table separating us.

"You can start explaining now Kal." She crosses her arms and her once soft voice is more firm.

[ she's hotter when she's strict. ]

Ignoring my personal psychopath, I look to Kal and wait for him to start explaining himself.

"Okay here's the deal, I couldn't get you your own apartment, Ciara. Surprisingly this whole place is full of tenants, and you needed somewhere to stay," He turns to me, "Everett, your barley home and when you are you stay in your room doing god knows what. And all these apartments are two bedroom, it was a win win situation. You get what I'm saying?" Kal keeps a weary smile on his face hoping we don't go too hard on him.

"You have to  warn us about stuff like this. If you haven't noticed I'm a single female who had no idea a man, a stranger, would be living in the same home as me. A warning would have worked wonders." Ciara says in a stern voice that makes my eyes feel drawn towards her.

The look in her eyes stays clear and serious. She doesn't let a hint of amusement escape them showing how serious she is about this situation. She seemed mature, but also dominant. It was all making me curious about this girl I just met several hours ago.

"Well Everett looks like hes fine with it now." Kal says bringing my attention to him. I can feel Ciara now looking at me as Kal smirks at me, obviously noticing me making googly eyes at his niece.

"Ahem. I-Im not cool with it. I mean with you not telling us." I say stuttering slightly.

"Im sorry, okay? I didnt have enough time to prep you both, but I think you two will get along just fine."

I wasn't happy with the idea of living with some stranger, woman or not, but right now I don't care. As long as I get to keep living in this apartment for a discounted price, even more with a roommate, I'm fine.

[ it's cause your little pussy heart fell inlove at first sight.]

No. That's not it. Love at first sight isn't real. I dont think.

"Its fine, Kal. I have no problem staying here with Everett as long as he is okay with it." Ciara says looking to me. I look to her with bit of surprise expecting her to either refuse to live here or make Kal kick me out.

I just shrug in response instead of showing any eagerness to say yes. Why do I want her, a stranger, to live here.

"Alright then," Kal claps his hands together at the final decision,
"You two are officially roommates. I'll handle all the paper work and important things, dont worry about it."

Both Ciara and I stand up in acknowledgment that Kal is going to take his leave from our now shared apartment. He already knew we would say yes, I can see it in his eyes.

[ the man is predictable but not as predictable as your dumbass]

I'm literally trained to not be predictable. That's a crazy accusation.

[ it's crazy cause it's true. How are you so predictable, yet a trained assassin that no one can find or take down? Idiot]

Why did I get stuck with you.