Ciara 13

2 months had passed before Everett finally decided to buy the plane tickets.

Every week I would ask if he bought them yet and he would just say, "I'm working on it". I didn't get THAT annoyed, but it still was frustrating when it seemed like he was going to buy them the first day we talked about it.

I gave him the benefit of doubt and figured he had to build up the courage and confidence to see his mother. Given his history, I don't blame him.

Anyways, the day to get on that plane had come finally. A small surprise was that the tickets were first class and right next to eachother. I didn't question it directly but of course I was shocked.

The ride was comfortable and direct, But it was even better just being able to be next to Everett the whole time. We either held hands or just stayed in eachother space. I liked feeling like I had known him for years and I also liked that he seemed to feel the same way.

He was comfortable.

First meeting him versus now was a big difference. He was talkative with me and joked with me, sometimes even flirted with me. It seems like his personality switched over night, but it was still him.

When the plane landed and we got off, we locked hands and walked to the exit to grab the Uber he ordered for us.

"Your brother lives here too right?" I ask as we lean against a very unconventional pole.

"He lives about 2 hours away. His wife bought a house up here though. Did I mention she's filthy rich?" He chuckles a bit.

"Well I hope to meet this filthy rich sister in law of yours." I smile and notice a car pull up infront of us.

"You will."

Whoever was in that car opened their door and go out and the passenger window rolled down. Coming around the car is a familiar redheaded man dressed in a suit and tie.

"Adrian!" I say waving. He gives a small smile waving back I look to the front seat and see a pretty woman about my color with a huge smile on her face.

"You must be Ciara!" The woman gets out of the car and I walk up to her. I recognize her from the pictures Adrian showed me when he came to visit.

"And you must be the infamous sister in law I keep hearing about."

She smiles and nods, "That's me. My name is Peyton and the little one in the backs name is Elliot. I hope you both don't mind sharing the back with him."

She opens the back door as she speaks and in a car seat is a little boy about 2 years of age, with curly red hair and slightly tan skin. He looks at us as the door opens and I see he has big grey eyes. His eyes were darker than his father's, but still grey.

He smiled at me and let out the cutest laugh that made my heart melt.

"Not at all! He's so cute! I smile and hop in the back seat scooting to the middle seat to sit next to him. Everett comes in and sits next to me and looks past me at the little boy.

Elliot stares at Everett with curious eyes and when I look at Everett he's staring at the boy with sad eyes. It's almost like he's trying memorize Elliot's face.

After Adrian gets back in the drivers seat he looks in the rear view at me.

"Nice to see you again, Ciara."

"You too. I didn't expect you guys to come pick us up. Everett said he got an Uber."

"I did. I had to pay to cancel it." Everett grumbles while looking out his window.