| 𝟏.𝟓

—

"Don't reveal too much. Let them assume. Let them wonder."

I breathe in her sugary scent and silently groan, watching the hairs on the back of her neck rise at my presence. She's scared of me, of my capabilities. I watch over her shoulder as the fish devoured him into nothing but bones, relishing at the sound of them snapping.

"Jamilyn," I say her name like a prayer.

She trembles silently as if waiting for me to push her into the body of water. I waited a moment before continuing. "It's time to go."

Jamie turns, her chest brushing mine as she breathes. I stifle a grunt at the pleasurable tingles that shoot through my chest. Her eyes said it all; she wanted to flee, but she knew there was nowhere she could go. Jamie shakily sighed and took a step back, but before realizing it, she was falling.

I quickly catch her by her collar and hold her there, hovering her over the hungry pool of piranhas. I look at her just as hungry, taking in her frightened expression. Jamie was startled, gripping my wrist for leverage. "Pull me back, Creed!" She shouts.

I tilt my head at her, my nostrils flaring at her attitude. "What are you willing to do if I pull you up?"

She grits her teeth in frustration. "Creed, stop with your sick games and pull me back!"

I loosen my grip, not enough to drop her but enough to make her cling to my wrist righter. Desperation sparked in her eyes before they pinched. When she opened them, they held resolve and a fiery rage just for me.

I felt it before I saw it; spit, she spat at me, and it landed on my cheek. I snarl in disgust and wipe it away before forcefully sitting her on the ground beside me. I clench my fist before grabbing her jaw and squeezing. I straddle her, pressing my mouth to her ear. "You want to fucking disrespect me, Jamie? Fine, disrespect me. But let it be known that the next man you touch will be the last."

Jamie whimpers in pain at my aggressive touch, and that's when I drag her with me by the arm. "I didn't need to be this way, Jamilyn."

"What are you going to be with me?" She asks.

I open the car door and wait for her to get in, and just before I'm about to turn, she swivels around and stabs me in the shoulder. I grunt, using my other hand to snatch the back of her shirt before she can run off. My little princess stabbed me, and I don't know if I could hold back any longer. Tossing her in the passenger, I lock her in and race to the other side. Pulling out the knife with a moan, I floor it.

We sat in deafening silence, and I resisted the urge to look at the side of her face. Her chin was slightly pudgy as she grumbled to herself was something I caught onto a while ago and found cute. I don't do cute, but Jamilyn was an exception. I took pride in how I showcased myself to people, much less a woman, and the moment I saw her on the porch from down the road, the moment she handed me that plate of cookies and her fingers brushed mine. I craved it; the touch.

Remaining silent, I didn't bug her to speak and let her fall into her thoughts. Driving to the beach house brought back many memories from that night with Jamilyn and many moons before that. It was my getaway place when I needed a home, a place to be free. Luckily, at the time, my parents were too busy to notice whenever I disappeared, so sneaking off wasn't an issue.

The house comes into view, and I park in front of it, facing the ocean. That was when I got a good look at her. Stunning.

Although on the small side, her nose had a bump on the bridge that was only notable up close. Below it laid her lips, the top more diminutive than the bottom. Blush pink and soft, although slightly cracked from her excessive licking. Her dark brown curly hair sat full atop her head, a few strands falling on her face. I take one and pull gently, watching it spring back. I hold back a chuckle as it hits her in the eye and go back to watching her as she twitches.

Jamie huffs and pushes herself further into the door, trying to belittle the space between us. I grumbled in my head in protest but didn't push it. "Jamilyn, look at me."

This time she didn't protest, but a glare was set on her face. I take a moment to seek out the fiery rage within her, burning the emotion into her brown eyes. They stirred something dark within me that even I was hesitant to act upon. "I did it for you." And it was the truth; everything I did up until now was for her.

She shakes her head. "I get the whole justice for the injustice thing, but you should consider doing that on your own free time. Not when you think it's for my benefit."

My lip twitches. "My free time consists of you."

"Well, make it inconsistent. When I moved back here, it was for my abuela. You—you weren't part of the plan," Jamie says, narrowing her eyes.

I lean in but not enough to where I invaded her space. "And you weren't a part of mine, yet here we are. I inserted myself into your plan because I felt like it. You inserted yourself into mine when you let me fuck you."

Jamie scoffs. "Then undo your insertion because I want no partake in your murderous shenanigans. I have enough to worry about."

I trace her collarbone before gently tugging on the necklace she wore, bringing her face to mine. I take in her sweet smell of vanilla and cherry, listening to the beat of her heart that had practically fallen into my hand. I let a devious smirk pull on my lips as I say, "I'm afraid our murderous shenanigans have just begun, my princess."