| 𝟐.𝟐

—

"She tastes like every dark thought I ever had."

I sip from the cold beer before sighing and tapping the glass on the table. "What would you do?"

Ozzie glares across the room at Ryan, who stands behind the bar, flirting her way for a large tip. "I'd say fuck her, but you already did that. Just be honest with her. You've already overspilled, and she knows about your ... activities."

I rub the back of my neck. "Jamilyn isn't like Abby. Although compliant sometimes, she fights me and makes it her job to deny me insight into her head. I think she's snooping around something deeper."

Ozzie turns towards me, biting his lip in contemplation. "Give her a reason to be hooked, Creed. If Jamilyn is fighting against the line, get a bigger hook."

I narrowly avoided Jamie's coworkers earlier this morning and came to find out a girl I used to hook up with in high school was one of them. Sasha Brantley. Unfortunately for her, I only slept with her as a power play to gain information on her father's oil company. When I learned he was making millions and I instantly wanted a bite. Getting into his good graces by having Sasha put in a word for me led me to gain half of his income and shares through a signed contract.

"What is she to you?" Ozzie says, gesturing for Ryan with a wave of a finger.

My heart skips, and I fight the urge to grab my chest.

"She's fun."

I don't miss the deadpan expression he gives me. In truth, I am unsure. Jamilyn Caswell was predictable yet cunning, and I wondered if we were playing the same game.

Ryan stands beside Ozzie, rubbing his chin in slow motion. She whispered something, to which he laughed with a pleased smirk. It falls flat a second later as he places her upon his lap. A sneer lifts to my lips at her flustered expression, red drifting across her tan cheeks. "Are you suggesting I should kill her?"

I focus on Ozzie as he teases Ryan, a hand disappearing under the table. She clears her throat before silently whining, barely audible because of the loud music. She looks down, her mouth parting to release short pants. Ozzie looks pleased and bites his lip as she shifts against him before looking at me. "No, what I'm saying is Jamilyn seems like the type of girl that needs to be pleased not only by her body—" his arms move slightly, and just then, Ryan leans forward slightly, jerking against him with a low moan. "But by her mind. She needs to know she can rely on you emotionally and mentally before letting you in. Anyone can have sex, Creed. You know this, but not everyone can find someone to rely on to the point where it feels as easy as breathing. You want her? Play her game and lose."

I take in his words before laughing slightly, grittiness heavy in my voice. "Since when did you become so wise?"

Ozzie grins darkly, grabbing Ryan's neck before kissing her flushed cheek. "Since this woman convinced me to watch legally blonde a thousand times."