| 𝟑.𝟓

—"She's the poison I'm dying to drink

"She's the poison I'm dying to drink."

As I promised, half of the Polaroids were tucked away in my wallet while the rest sat hidden in my dedicated Jamie drawer. I still have her panties I stole in there that I cherish. Call it a trade because she takes many of my things without realizing it, such as my hoodies, jackets, shorts, and even a gold chain.

It's not like she'd miss one measly thong.

I like them so much on her that I bought out the entire next shipment that was meant to hit Victoria's Secret store last month. I had also bout her a whole other dresser for her room for all of them to fit in and she organized them rainbow style. Now I get to see her in all kinds of varieties and the thought alone makes my cock press against the zipper of my jeans.

"How's this look boss?" One of my employees asks.

I graze over the display of carved pumpkins and the large banner that says Welcome To The Halloween Festival written in red. I narrow my eyes along the street. Many kids are out with their parents along the strip where vendors had their popups of either food or trinkets. "It looks great."

He scratches the back of his head, working up the nerves to say something but ultimately disappears when he notices I'm not paying any mind to his presence. We have a block dedicated to this event which is blocked on each end by hired personnel on my part. All of this would normally be run by the town council, but obviously, I put those fuckers away.

You know when they say there's a higher being controlling the government, using them as puppets to therefore control the world? That's me. I'm the puppet master. And this town is mine. I used my sad abusive backstory as a way to get sympathy from any onlookers or people who are into the elections. Besides young folk, there are far more adults and older people who've invested themselves into who runs their town. And I took advantage of the situation and took matters into my own hands. I wasn't officially elected onto the council the proper way, but the moment the festival was being put together I called a town meeting at the hall. I explained in vague but convincing detail about the betrayal of the Suttons and their involvement in illegal activities and suspected involvement in a murder.

The crowd was quick to question but didn't protest when I said I was taking their places. And one by one, the idiotic townsfolk gave in under my official reign.

That was 2 days ago and I had yet to see my Jamie. I was invested in her. Obsessed with her. Everything I did consisted of her, but for the past 2 days, I haven't seen her pretty round face and chocolate brown eyes. Not since the night we took those Polaroids.

2 days too fucking long.

But she told me to stay away for a while because her mom was in town, moved into the house yesterday. I wanted to help, try and find a way to introduce myself in any regular scenario where I came home from work, greet Jamie with a kiss, and then bashfully express how sorry I am for the PDA to her mom.