Chapter 9 - Cold Coffee

**Kayla's POV**
I woke up to the sound of a boiling kettle and an empty space in the bed beside me. I'd been living with Ed for nearly a year now and I'm happy to say I'm head over heels in love with him. "Kayla are you up?" I heard Ed speak softly through the bedroom door. "Yeah" I replied groggily and settled back down in to bed. He came through the door carrying a tray with two black coffees and two plates of toast. "I made breakfast darling" he said whilst setting the tray down on the bedside table. He climbed back in to bed beside me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I snuggled in to him, his body warm and soothing. "I love you princess" he whispered in to my ear before I fell back to sleep in his arms.

************************************************

I was woken by the sound of a gunshot. I sat up straight, Ed wasn't beside me anymore. My heart began to race. "Ed?!" I screamed. Everything fell silent. I could feel my heart thumping in my ears. Then there was footsteps. They were getting closer. "Ed?" I said, quieter this time. The door burst open, Daniel was standing there, grinning at me with a menacing smile. "Guess who's back?" He spat, "I wasn't done with you yet". The fear bubbled up inside me, my heart felt like it was going to explode along with my lungs. "ED!!!" I screamed with all I had. "Kayla?" I heard him. It was so faint I don't know how I heard his voice over the ringing in my ears, but I did. Daniel had hurt him. Then the pieces clicked together. The tray of cold coffee and toast still in the bed table. The empty bed. The gun shot. Ed.

So! Cute Ked and big plot twists!
Who's enjoying the story so far? I'm really enjoying writing this by the way!
Cold Coffee is the song linked to this chapter simply because of the cold coffee quote :)
I'm going to try and update as much as possible but I have exams so be patient! :)
-kim