Chapter 19 - Future

//narrative//
Kayla made a full physical recovery in hospital. Her mental health however got much worse. Ed wasn't much better. He couldn't sleep. She couldn't sleep. They struggled along together through insomnia based nights with the help of coffee and vodka.
As for Daniel, he was sent to a maximum security prison in America with a lifetime sentence. So did his accomplices. Finally Kayla had got the justice she needed but it wasn't enough to destroy the monsters Daniel had concocted in her mind. When she did drift off she would wake up screaming from the nightmares. She couldn't be in the house on her own. If Ed had to go out for shopping or something he had to get Stuart to stay there or take her with him. It just kept getting worse for her. Ed couldn't sleep because he was worried about her. She'd already slipped back in to her old ways. He hadn't seen them but she hadn't shown him her arms in weeks, she was always in long baggy jumpers or long sleeve shirts. He couldn't take much more of her suffering, it was killing the both of them.

So this was a bit of a filler because I didn't want to keep going on about the hospital as I intended for Kayla to recover anyway. The time lapse is about 3 month by the way from the chapter before. I just felt like the chapter needed some extra story in case I confused people.
- kim