Chapter 28 - Happy

**Kayla's POV**
I woke up, my vision blurred fuzzy. I heard a faint voice from beside me. "Ed?" I whispered. I felt a squeeze on my hand and turned to look, my vision was gradually improving. I made out a figure. It wasn't Ed. My vision regained gradually, my eyes focusing in on my birth mother holding my hand. I sat in shock unable to do or say anything. She spoke, her voice hoarse "I'm so sorry Kayla. I'm so so sorry for leaving you when you needed me". I saw a tear roll down her face. I had no sympathy for her. She brought this all on her self. "Get out" I choked out. She looked at me, heartbreak apparent in her teary eyes. I looked away from her to see Ed's face at the window. I smiled as wide as I could when I made eye contact with him. My entire world was just a door away. My birth mother got up and walked out of the room at that point. "Thank you for your help but I'm too late, she wants nothing to do with me. It's my fault. Thank you for giving me the chance though Ed. It means alot" she said to Ed on her way out. He hugged me as tight as he could as I watched the woman who abandoned me leave my life for good. And I couldn't have been happier. Maybe everything would get better.

Hi! I'm so sorry I've taken so so long to update. I've had writers block for months and I needed to take some time to help myself. Thank you all who have been patient. I'll try and update a minimum of every two weeks but you should hopefully get another chapter later tonight or tomorrow.
-kim 💕