Chapter 26 - Knuckles

**Ed's POV**

My fist connected with the wall. Again and again and again. I kept hitting. "Oh god what are you doing?!" a nurse grabbed my arm as I went to hit again. I looked down at the bloody broken mess on my hand. "Come with me lets get you sorted" I tried to stop her. I had to wait to see if Kayla was okay. I knew they were trying to revive her, I heard the defibrillators buzzing. The nurse cleaned up my hand, I needed stitches and a cast. I'd broke all of my knuckles. She fixed up my hand for me and let me go and wait back outside of Kayla's room. As soon as one of the doctors saw me outside he ran out. "She's alive we got her!" I began to cry again. "Can I see her?" I asked impatiently. "Not quite yet, she's off to have surgery soon for the damage in her womb. The blood loss caused an irregular heart beat which caused her to flat line but she's stable now." the doctor explained. I nodded. "You should go home and get some rest. We'll call you as soon as you can see her". I nodded and headed out to the car, I wasn't going home, I was going to the tree.

I drove to the tree, I climbed through the broken leaves and nearly passed out at the sight in front of me. "Are you Ed?" the tall dark haired woman asked. "Yes and who are you?" I swallowed the lump in my throat because I already knew the answer. "I'm Kayla's mother"...

Sorry for the short chapter and all the cliff hangers!

-kim