Chapter 24 - Music

**Kayla's POV**

I sat with my back against the willow tree, the tree that made me feel safe. My tree. The music echoed through my headphones and drowned out the voices in my head. I sang along quietly to Ed's voice, it soothed me. The chorus to Give Me Love exploded in to my ears, I screamed along with the lyrics, I let the music take me over as I danced around the base of the tree. Music was always my safety blanket. I ignored the voices screaming at me, I ignored the gnawing feeling at the pit of my stomach, I ignored my phone vibrating in my pocket, I ignored the world and became one with the music. I kept dancing, song after song I sang along. 

Then Ed appeared from the break in the leaves. I stopped dancing. I stopped singing. I stopped living and started existing again. The realisation of what I had been doing hit me and my cheeks flared red, I focused on the grass. "Are you okay?" Ed asked me. I nodded and took of my headphones. He  came over to me and took one of my headphones, he put one in his ear and the other in mine. We sat on the grass as I pressed play. We lay side by side and let the music absorb us. The only thing touching was our hands, his resting gently on top of mine. Twenty One Pilots began to play through the headphones, House Of Gold. I tapped my finger in time with the ukulele. "She asked me son when I grow old will you buy me a house of gold, and when your father turns to stone will you take care of me" I sang along. Ed began to tap along with his foot to the drums. "I will make you queen of everything you see, I'll put you on the map, I'll cure you of disease" Ed turned to look at me, his eyes watched my lips as I sang softly. "Kayla I want you to perform with me on tour" he blurted out. I pulled the headphone from my ear and sat up straight. Was he stupid? I couldn't perform in front of thousands of people! "No, just No" I said as I got up and left the tree. "Kayla wait!" I heard him yell as I put my headphones back in and began to run. I ran as fast as I could. I knew I was faster than him. I ran all the way to the sea front.

 I turned up my music and climbed on to the rocks. I sat with my feet dangling over the edge, the tide grew higher as the waves crashed against the rocks, spraying sea water all over me. I tucked my feet up to my chest and sang along with the voices screaming through my headphones. The tide kept growing higher so I climbed back up the rocks on to the cliffs away from the water. I kept singing. I didn't care if people heard me out here anymore. Why was I so scared to perform in front of a crowd if I was willing to sing in front of strangers walking by?

**Ed's POV**

Why on earth did I think asking her that was a good idea? I knew she had trouble performing in front of other people, so why on earth did I ask her to perform on one of my biggest tours yet. I put my head in my hands, then the front door opened. "I'll do it".

Next chapter! I'm going to try and write a few chapters today to make up for the long periods between updates! Let me know what you think of Kayla being Ed's support act on tour! Also, who thinks Kayla might be pregnant? comment down below! I'll put the link to the twenty one pilots song above, any top fans here?

- kim