[~ chapter 03 ~]

OMG OMG SCARA IN NEW ARCHON QUEST FJFDTRCUKHLNJBGVFRTD IM IN LOVE ONCE AGAIN

( ❀ )
Part three,

꧁ 𝘙𝘦𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 ꧂

...

-

-

"GET THEM!"

You scurried off the branch and hopped through the tree. If you fell, that would be another story. A story that wouldn't contain very many chapters.

The rapid arrows being shot towards your direction was much more concerning at the moment. There was a forest behind, which was a possible escape route. The second option was hope for a miracle and start running somewhere once you get down. Very logical.. But that is if you can outrun the skilled shots of wooden arrows shot by the general herself. Not only that, zaps of purple lightning shot at where your foot was a milisecond before. A tingling sensation lingered by your ankles, but there was no time to check for injuries.

It seemed your teacher's past research was correct- the Raiden family were the carriers of the blood of electro.

Grabbing a part of the main trunk, you spun around before blindly jumping towards what you were hoping was a branch. Stumbling, another zap of electro sizzled the tree. Finally low enough, you crouched and prepared to take off to the ground below.

Unable to see the arrow making a beeline in your direction, a sudden flash of pain on your right shoulder interrupted the racing train of thoughts. Hissing in pain, you checked the hit area. Not much blood was coming out, which meant the throbbing pain had to be ignored for a while until you're out of sight from your ambushers. Landing safely onto the ground, your feet took off. But there was a second pair of footsteps behind. There were incoherent shouts, which soon faded after you and the chaser entered the forest.

Trees and bushes zoomed past by, your mind solely set on running. Feet barely skimming the ground, adreneline pumped into your veins. The pain on your shoulder was long forgotten- merely a dull sting occasionally emitted by the area.

Whether this was general Kujou or the emperor himself, they were persistant. You would've no doubt outran this person if they were a regular soldier by now. This was likely your first time in this forest, a cliff could be right up ahead and you would fall right down. Although, falling to death seemed like a rather tempting option right now.

The chase continued for what seemed like hours. Not even the sudden sharp turns you took widened the distance between you two. Your stamina was running low, and the adreneline was wearing off from the continued exercise without break. If this kept up, whoever this is will no doubt catch up in no time. It was finally time to put your brain to use and think of a plan instead of blindly running.