[~ chapter 08 ~]

HOLY JESUS CHRIST ON A BREADSTICK 1K READS???? Crying tysm 😭😭
----

( ❀ )
Part eight,

꧁ 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘳'𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘥𝘨𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 ꧂

...

-

-

That very night, you didn't get a single minute of sleep. Did you regret it? Yes you did.
It felt foreign to lay down in bed with thoughts plagued of a single person in mind. But the lack of sleep felt as if it would make you pass out at any given moment.

As the morning sun crept in, you finally got up from the toasted bed. Adrenaline kept the tiredness away for now, but you would surely suffer later. Right- were you starting your 'new job' today? Poor Kaedehara... In a classic white yukata with black haroi, you stepped out of the room and ventured out. It was around 7 in the morning. Maybe? The days were getting longer and nighttime was shrinking. Saying farewell to the pretty sakuras would come soon.

"Ms. L/n? Please excuse me. I am Kaedehara Kazuha, the emperor's royal advisor." A gentle masculine voice made you turn around. The owner of the heavenly voice was indeed the current advisor. Creamy white hair reflected the sunlight that shimmered through the huge windows, and crimson hues stared back at you with a smile.

"Good morning, advisor. What can I do for you?" Kazuha stepped a little closer as he got out of his bowing position, and it was your turn to bow. He was a little shorter than you imagined, which was comforting. People much taller than yourself always made you uneasy at first. "It's actually the opposite of that. I hear you'll be taking over this position for a week?"

"Huh? So he wasn't joking after all..."

The advisor chuckled at your sulking expression. "Haha, I understand the feeling. I'll be explaining what you'll be doing for the next week, would it be alright if I began the explanation from now?" You nodded hesitantly, and the two of you aimlessly wandered around the halls. Kazuha explained every job you would face slowly in detail, making sure the latter understood everything. The job of an advisor was just as annoying as you thought it would be.

Just the thought of the sheer thought of all the paperwork made you sigh. You very much liked your current job of lazing around and reading books half of the time.. This time, you would be the one following the emperor around instead of the other way around. Stay when he tells you to stay, leave when told, and rest at break. You truly wondered if the young Kaedehara actually enjoyed having this as his all time job.

"-And you would likely use my own stamp for the paperwork for the sake of not making confusions. Think you're ready for this?" He was patient and a pleasant person to talk to in general. No wonder he wasn't fired by Scaramouche.

"Not sure.. I'm not too sure that the lords will act positively to a woman taking over the position of an advisor. I heard the nation's reactions to empress Ei wasn't very pumped at first."