[~ chapter 05 ~]

The way my back arched toes curled bra magically slid off eyes rolled back hands clenched bedsheets when I saw the scara boss leaks

( ❀ )
Part five,

꧁ 𝘈𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘬𝘪𝘵𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘦 ꧂

...

-

-

While you were dealing with the situation with Scaramouche, the Murasaki cough had gotten worse. It wasn't quite life-threatening before, but the symptoms had suddenly begun to get worse. Even greater, the previous remedy used for it was no longer in effect. At least, not as efficiently as before. The only explainable reason for this was that the disease had become a mutant over time as it overcame the antidote used for it.

All the villages you tended to in the past popped up in your mind. You didn't hold grudges for long, but vowed to yourself merely a year ago to never forgive the shogun for what he has done. Now that shogun just so happened to be Kunikuzushi, you didn't know how to feel. Anger? Confusion?

The promise you made to the kids of Konda stood out. It was a small village, but everyone seemed to know each other like family. As much as you wished to sneak away and see them again.. Chances of a fox suddenly growing wings and flying up was more likely than the shogun letting you go out there.

Ever since waking up, that man was everywhere. And by that, everywhere. Taking a stroll in the garden? He's sitting by the benches, staring at you. In the library to grab a light novel? He's holding a book in his hand, but his eyes are on you instead. When you confronted Kunikuzushi about this, he gave you an eye roll and a "You're delusional."
Even bedtime didn't seem to be completely seperated from him. Scaramouche's constant nightmares woke him up in early mornings, and this devil refused to be the only one sulking from lack of sleep. He often walked over to your chambers and woke you to read with him.

Don't misunderstand this. You loved books and reading light novels. But Kunikuzushi may just be the first person to change that. Still, everyone else serving at the palace seemed to be grateful for your arrival which drastically changed their emperor within days. Lucky are they, not needing to deal with his grumpy early-morning self nearly every day. Nor having to experience heart attacks whenever spotting tufts of blue hair everywhere within the span of 24 hours.

When not spending time treating patients or talking with Scaramouche, gossiping with the maids became a hobby of yours. They filled you in with all the drama going on in the mighty Tenshukaku- about the rumors of the two knights by the gates secretly dating, the tree near the garden once being used as support for intimate actions by a pair of drunk lovers once during an event. It was truely a mystery of how they manage to get their hands on these rumors.

In return for them filling you in, you gave them..... Dating advices. You seriously wondered at first when you got so skilled at romance related subjects. (Before remembering all the smut- "heavy romance" novels you've read in the past.)