[~ chapter 24 ~]

(❀)
Part twenty-four

꧁ 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦 ꧂

...

-

-

How many days had it been, since she went from a wanted traveling doctor with the shogun at her throat, to where she was now.

Starting as the disciple of a mysterious wandering medic before herself, making friends with Inazuma's prince, dying..? Getting resurrected (?), losing the said teacher, getting locked in Inazuma, getting reunited with Kunikuzushi, kidnapped by the resistence. Reunited once more, and her old friend lost a battle with another friend and was slain.

Wow.

Everything fleeted past by so quickly, she didn't even have the time to look back to what had once happened. And the Murasaki cough. It had practically just stopped out of the blue one day, as though someone had simply pressed a switch that stopped it. The most realistic assumption that Y/n could make was that most people in Inazuma had now gained an immunity towards the illness after it spread through the nation. But still, how can a disease that once put the entire nation on lockdown just abruptly stop spreading like that?

She slumped her forehead against the wooden surface of the desk that was full of scrunched up parchment. These were times she wished she had access to a lab of some sort to spend some time with official research with official data. Inazuma was a land in which medical technology stuck to more of the traditional sides. Which the doctor didn't particularly mind, but everything had its perks and disadvantages.

There were a few knocks on the door before a feminine voice called out on the other side. "Y/n, you've been in your office all day. Why don't we go out for some tea?" From the soft yet firm voice, it was Kokomi. The said doctor raised her head up in a heartbeat and ran her fingers through her hair to keep it in place. "That sounds great! I'll be out in a minute." She scrambled up from her seat and grabbed a wooden bucket from nearby and swiped all the papers on the table into it. Y/n quickly changed into an outdoor yukata and nearly slammed the door off its hinges.

She was met by a Kokomi who looked rather taken aback. The said female soon laughed softly as her friend joined her side. "You look like you've been thinking for a while. You should take occasional breaks, you're the one to lecture me when you forget that time exists once you're in that office." She nudged her playfully. Y/n guilty chuckled and rubbed the back of her nape. "Yes yes.. I was just engrossed in some theories." "Are you sure it wasn't one of your fanfictions of the very interesting books-"

"Kokomi..."

Doctor Sangonomiya laughed at her responce. "I'm kidding. Oh, by the way. I invited some noble ladies to the tea party, I hope you don't mind." She innocently smiled. Y/n smiled back and shrugged. "Sure, what's the harm in- WHAT??"