3. Thank you Maharaj!

"Mai Kamal Pratap, ab aap sabhi ka maharaj aapko vachan deta hu ki mere hathon me Hastinapur ekdam surakshit rahega. Mai aap sabhi ki raksha har pal karunga aur humare samrajya ke liye mar mitunga. (I Kamal Pratap, your king promise you all that hastinapur will be safe in my hands. I'll protect you all every moment and if necessary, I'll even die for our kingdom.) Maharaj Kamal Pratap said while the whole crowd started saluting again "Maharaj Pratap...salamat rahe, Maharaj Pratap...salamat rahe (Maharaj Pratap live long. Maharaj Pratap live long)".

After a while, Mohanlal who was standing and talking with Maharaj called Shrutika "Shrutika beta yahan aao. (Shrutika, child come here.)" "Aai pitaji. (Coming father)" She replied and went there. Mohanlal said to maharaj keeping his hand of Shrutika's shoulder "Maharaj ye humari putri hai...Shrutika (King she's my daughter, Shrutika)". Maharaj turned towards her and she joined her hand to greet him and he simply nodded. Mohanlal continued to talk towards Maharaj and Shrutika was standing there silently listening them. Maharaj looked at her and saw her looking somewhere else with a tensed face.

Maharaj looked at the direction where Shrutika was looking and saw one of the servants of his staring at her which was making her uncomfortable, even Mohanlal noticed it. "Hum dekhte hai Shrutika aap chinta na kare. (I'll see it Shrutika, you don't worry.)" Maharaj assured Shrutika and went to him while Mohanlal glared at her.

"Kise ghur rahe ho? (Whom are you staring at?) " Maharaj came behind the servant without getting noticed by him. "Maharaj wo...mai..wo (King, I- I-) " He stuttered. "Hastinapur ke Mahal me kaam karte hue bhi aisa karya. (You work in the palace of Hastinapur but yet this kind of work)" Maharaj shouted on him and said to other servant "Le jao ise, ise toh hum baad me dekhte hai (Take him, I'll see him later)". The servant nodded and and took him. Shrutika who was watching this came to Maharaj and said "Dhanywaad maharaj (Thank you king)" "Ye toh farz tha humara (It was my duty)" Maharaj smiled, which she returned back.

They were talking to each other or we can say Maharaj was talking to Shrutika because Shrutika was nervous, not knowing what to say. She was just replying to what Maharaj was saying or asking. After a while, Maharaj took a leave as he had some work. After the function got over, Shrutika returned to her house with her family.

As soon as they reached their house. Shrutika's father pushed her. She was about to hit the sofa but managed not to. "Kya hua? Aapne meri bachi ko dhakka kyu diya? (What happened? Why you pushed my daughter)" Meena went hurriedly to Shrutika and held her. "Mahal ka nokar ise kyu ghur raha tha? (Why was the servant of the palace staring at her?)" Mohanlal said angrily. "Par usme meri kya galti agar wo mujhe ghur raha tha toh maine kuch nahi kiya (But what was my mistake in it? He was staring at me, I didn't do anything wrong)" Mohanlal pulled her hairs and slapped her "Ab tu mujhse zabaan ladayegi (Now you will argue with me.)" Mohanlal shouted and left. Tears started rolling down Shrutika's cheek, her mother hugged her tight and stroked her hairs. She broke the hug and went to her room and locked it from inside. Her mother stood there and sighed.

-------

After the function ended, Maharaj was in his room with Rajmata and Deepak. "Wo ladki bohot sunadar thi na (That girl was so beautiful, right?)" Rajmata said with teasing smile "Kon ladki maa? (Which girl mother?)" Deepak asked being confused while Maharaj understood that Rajmata is talking about Shrutika but kept quiet. Rajmata added looking at Maharaj "Aree wahi jiske sath tumhare bhaia bade pyaar se baat kar rahe the (That girl with whom your elder brother was talking with so much love) " "Bhaiaaaaa kon? Apne mujhe nahi bataya (Whom brotherrrr? You didn't told me)" Deepak asked rather shouted.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked the chapter! Please vote and feel free to do any type of comments and tell me your reviews!

Thank you
~Anu