7. Soon to be daughter-in-law!

Rajmata went to Deepak's room, he was sitting silently on his bed. She sat beside him and kept her hand on his shoulder. "Kuch baat hai kya beta? Tu thik hai na? (Is there something child? Are you fine?) " Rajmata asked worriedly "Kuch nahi maa sab thik hai wo toh bas hume sar me thoda dard tha (nothing mother, everything is fine! It's just my head was paining)" Deepak lied. "Thik hai beta dhyaan rakho apna hume thoda kaam hai hum chalte hai (okay child, take care of yourself. I'll leave now, I have some work)" Rajmata smiled and Deepak nodded before she left.

------

A fresh morning started and with it started the preparations for maharaj and Shrutika's engagement which was to be held tomorrow. Everyone in the palace was working and no one was left idle. Maharaj was touring the palace and watching everyone working when suddenly he collided with someone. The person was about to fall but Maharaj held her tightly by holding her hand. They had a eye contact and then maharaj made her stand straight.

"Aap? (You?)" Maharaj asked. "Jii wo pita ji ne kaha ki unhe kuch jaruri baat karni hai aapse aur Rajmata se toh isliye hum yaha aa gaye. Mujhe maaf kar dijiye maine aapko dekha nahi aur aapse takra gaye (yes father said that he wants to have an important talk with your mother that's why we are here. Forgive me, I didn't saw you and bumped into you)" Shrutika said. "Koi baat nahi aapko maafi mangne ki koi jarurat nahi hai ( no problem, you don't need to apologise)" Maharaj smiled at her.
A servant came to him and said while bowing down "Maharaj Rajmata ne aap dono ko raj darbar me bulaya hai (king kingdom's mother has called you both in the main room". Maharaj nodded and asked him to leave. Maharaj with Shrutika went to raj darbar.

"Maa apne hume bulaya? (Mother you called us?)" Maharaj asked Rajmata "haa Kamal, Shrutika aao yaha baitho (yes Kamal,shrutika come and sit here)" Rajmata said and Shrutika sat beside her. Rajmata cupped her cheek and kissed her forehead. She took a red dupatta and covered Shrutika's head with it and then took plate covered with a yellow cloth and gave it to Shrutika "Humari hone wali bahu ke liye humari taraf se ek choti si bhet. (A small gift from my side to our soon-to-be daughter in law)" Shrutika took off the cloth and saw there were a gold necklace set and two gold bangles with a gold ring. She stood up with a jerk holding the plate in her hand "P..par iski koi jarurat nahi hai. Mai inn sabka kya karungi. (B...but there's no need of it. What will I do of all this?)" Rajmata made her sit down and said "Hume garv hai aapki soch par. Par ab aap humare parivar ki bahu hone ke saath saath ek Mahrani bhi hai isiliye aap inn sab ki jarurat hai aur aapko iski aadat dalni hogi. ( I'm proud on your views but now you are going to be the daughter- in-law of our family so you nee this and you need to make a habit of it)" Shrutika kept quiet and just nodded her head. She looked towards Deepak who was already looking towards her with a blank face.

After talking for some time, Shrutika with her family left for her house. She one again tried to convince her family but ended up getting slapped by her father. She cried for whole night in her room. Next morning, some maids were sent to her house by Rajmata for making her ready for her engagement.

She got ready and was looking really beautiful in pink lehenga with white net dupatta. She was wearing gold ornaments and wore her pink heels. She came out of her room. Her father and mother were present there, they were also ready for the function. Her mother kissed her forehead and put some kajal behind Shrutika's ear taking from here eyes. Also she complimented her that she is looking beautiful while her father just nodded.

They headed towards the palace.

------------------------

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked the chapter! Please vote and feel free to do any type of comments and tell me your reviews!

Thank you
~Anu