11. Please help me!

Shrutika went to the kitchen, thinking what sweet to make. She decided to make kheer and gulabjamun for everyone. She started preparing while some other cooks helping her with it. She was too engrossed in cooking that she didn't realised when someone entered the kitchen.

"Shruti" She turned around and found Deepak calling her. She looked around for the maids but found no where there.

"Aap chinta na kare, humne unhe bahar bhej Diya hai. (Don't worry, I sent them out)" Deepak said as if reading her mind and she nodded.

"Shruti..." Deepak said while leaning towards her but to his surprise, she moved a step back.

"Nahi. Aap humare pass mat aaiye. Ab humara vivah ho chuka hai maharaj se aur hum unhe dhokha nahi de sakte. Aap Hume chhune ka haq kho chuke hai. (Don't. Don't come near me. Now I'm married to king and I can't betray him. You have lost the right to touch me.)" Shrutika said and hurt was clearly visible on Deepak's face.

Shrutika moved back towards the kitchen counter holding back her tears. But she knew what she said wasn't wrong and she was doing the right thing. Deepak left without saying anything.

After a few hours, she was done with preparing the dishes. She took a spoon of kheer and tasted it to see if it has any flaws but it was perfect. She asked the maids to bring it to everyone after the dinner as dessert.

She went to her room to get ready for the dinner. She was Maharaj finding something in the trunk. She stood in a corner, waiting for him to finish his work but he was looking frustrated as he couldn't find the thing he wanted.

"Hum kuch madad kar de aapki? (Should I help you?)" Shrutika said to him.

Maharaj turned towards her "hum ek jaruri kagazat dhundh rahe hai jo ki Hume mil nahi Rahi hai. Usme humare parivar ke purvajoon ke baare me likha hai. Agar aap humari madad kar sakte hai toh kripya kare. ( I am looking for some important papers, I'm not able to find it. It has the information about our ancestors. If you can help me then please do it)" Maharaj replied and shrutika joined him in finding the papers.

After fifteen minutes, shrutika found it. She looked into it and found the pictures of many old kings and queens. All the information regarding them was printed in it. Something caught my eyes but before She could read it properly, maharaj said.

"Mil gaya kya? (Did you got it?)" He said looking at the papers in my hand.

"Jii mil gaya. (Yes I got it.)" She said while handling the papers to him. He thanked her and walked out.

She went to the washroom , discarded her clothes and took a warm shower. She came out in her bathrobe and wore her heavy dark pink coloured sharara. She also wore matching ornaments with it. She was combing her hairs when Maharaj entered again.

He looked at her through the mirror. She was looking extremely beautiful. He wanted to compliment her but didn't thinking that she would get scared again like morning. She looked at him through the window and found him staring at her. As soon as maharaj realised Shrutika's gaze on him, he looked away and went to the washroom and came out after getting ready.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked the chapter! Please vote and feel free to do any type of comments and tell me your reviews!

Thank you
~Anu