8. I cannot do anything!

They reached the palace. Rajmata was standing on the door with a plate for aarti. She moved the plate clockwise in front of Shrutika and then put a tikka on her forehead. Shrutika touched her feet and she blessed her. She asked Shrutika to come inside. Shrutika took a step but her leg twisted because of her heels and she was about to fall when someone pulled her by waist, making her collide with his chest.

I opened her eyes, which she had closed due to sudden action and looked at the person. It was Deepak. They were looking with so many emotions in their eyes. Soon realising the situation, they moved away from each other. Shrutika muttered a thank you to deepak.

They moved inside and Shrutika and Maharaj were made to sat next to each other on the couch. Deepak was standing with ring on Maharaj's side and Shrutika's mother on her side. Maharaj room the ring from Deepak and slided in into Shrutika's ring finger and then so did she. A drop of tear fell down from Deepak's cheek which he wiped before anyone can notice, but it didn't went unnoticed by Shrutika. She was feeling the same pain in her heart. Everyone clapped for them.

Shrutika was feeling blank. She didn't knew what to do. She didn't knew how to react on her fate. She had to get married to her love's brother. She knows that Maharaj is a good person and would keep her happy but she only wants Deepak. She thought that she never asked for anything to god, the only thing she wanted was her Deepak. But she didn't even got that.

Shrutika looked here and there, her eyes were looking for just one person but she could find her. Everyone was talking to ech other when she said "mai zara aati hun (I'm just coming)" Rajmata nodded. She went towards Deepak's room and knocked in it. "Aa jaiye (come in)" she heard his voice from inside. She opened and door and went in. "Shruti tum! (Shruti you!)" Deepak said and went towards her. She hugged him as if her life depends on the hug and he hugged her back with the same force.

"Hume maaf kar do shruti, ye sab humari aankhon ke saamne ho raha hai aur hum kuch nahi kar pa rahe hai (please forgive me Shruti, all this is happening in front of my eyes, still I cannot do anything)" Deepak said while cupping her face and placing a kiss on her forehead. Before Shrutika could reply, they heard a knock of the door. Both of them frowned, Shrutika hid in his room and Deepak opened the door. "Rajmata ne aapko rajdarbar me bulaya hai. (Kingdom's mother has called you in the main room)" A servant said while looking down. I nodded and she left. Shrutika came out after I closed the door. "Aap jaiye hum uske baad aate hai. (You go first then I'll come)" He said and she left after nodding.

She went and sat with everyone and soon Deepak too came. Rajmata started the conversation "agle 2 din ke baad vivah ka mohorot seedhe 3 mahine baad hai toh hum sab chahte hai ki parso aap dono ka vivah ho jaye aur kal baaki saare samaroh. (After next 2 days the dates for the marriage are after 3 months so I want your marriage to be happy day after tomorrow and tomorrow the other rituals)" Shrutika just nodded. Now she knew that she doesn't had any other option.

After some time, Shrutika with her family returned back to their home.

------------------------

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked the chapter! Please vote and feel free to do any type of comments and tell me your reviews!

Thank you
~Anu