10. I can't betray him!

Shrutika was sitting on the bed while pulling her legs closed to her body and keeping her head on her legs. Tears were flowing down her cheek. She is married to her love's brother. But one thing she knew now is that she's a wife of someone, a daughter-in-law of someone and she would give her best to fulfill their wishes and demands.

Her chain of thoughts broke down when Maharaj Kamal entered into the room. He came near Shrutika and held her hands and said "Aap itni khubsurat kaise hai maharani (you are so beautiful queen)"

"Hum..hume maaf kar dijiye maharaj..hum (I- please forgive me king, I-)" Shrutika pulled her hands and ran away from there. She went to the washroom and locked the door. Maharaj got hurt from her actions. He went near the door of the washroom and said.

"Hum jaante hai humari shaadi bohot jald baazi me Hui hai magar aapko humse darne ki koi jarurat nahi hai. Hum aapko kuch nahi karenge, hume maaf kar dijiye aur aap bahar aa jaiye. (I know our marriage has happened so quickly but you don't need to be scared of me. I will not do anything, k am sorry please come out)"

"Dariye mat, aa jaiye. Hum wada karte hai hum aapse dur rahenge. (Don't get scared. I promise you I'll stay away from you)" Maharaj said.

Shrutika calmed down hearing him, also she was feeling bad for maharaj. She opened the door and came out.

"Mujhe maaf kar dijiye Maharaj, mai thoda ghabra Gayi thi. (Please forgive me king, I just got nervous)" Shrutika replied while looking down.

"Koi baat nahi maharani. Aap kapde badal lijiye aur palang kar so jaiye hum yaha sofe par so jayenge. (No problem queen. Change your clothes and sleep on the bed and I'll sleep on the couch)" He said and Shrutika nodded. She didn't wanted him to sleep on couch but she was neither comfortable to sleep with him.

She changed into a cotton yellow saree and laid on the bed. Sleep was far enough from her eyes.

"Kanhaji ab mera vivah toh ho Gaya hai. Aur mujhe sirf aap par vishwas hai. Maine iss vivah se bhaagne ki bohot koshish ki parai na kamiyab rahi. Shayad Mera vivah maharaj se hona hi aapki marzi hai. Par kanha ji mai wada karti hun ki mai unse humesha wafadar rahungi par chah ke bhi unse mohabbat nahi kar sakti hun. Mai apne pyaar ko dhokha nahi de sakti. ( Lord Krishna my marriage is done. I only have faith in you. I tried a lot to escape this marriage but I failed. Maybe my wedding is a choice of yours. But lord Krishna I promise I'll be loyal to king but I can't love him even if I wish. I can't betray my love.) Shrutika said in her mind.

Finally sleep consumed her because the tiredness of her wedding. She woke up after an hour and got fresh. Rajmata came to her room. Shrutika placed her saree on her head and touched the feets of Rajmata and she blessed her.

"Shrutika aaj tumhari pehli rasoi hai, tumhe sabke liye kuch meetha banana hoga. Dusre rajaye ke bhi kayi log dawat ke liye aane Wale hai (Shrutika today is your first day in kitchen, you want to prepare a sweet dish for everyone. Many people fro other kingdoms are also coming for the celebration)" rajmata informed her.

"Jii rajmata mai sabke liye kuch bana dungi. (Sure mother, I'll prepare something for everyone)" Shrutika replied to her.

"Shrutika ab tum ek maharani ho, tumhe mai nahi balki hum keh kar baat karni hogi. Chinta karne ki koi aavyashakta nahi hai tum dheere dheere sab Sikh jaogi. ( Shrutika now you are a queen, you should not say 'mai', you should say 'hum'. Don't worry you will gradually learn everything)" rajmata said and she smiled.

Shrutika stepped out of her room to go to the kitchen when she saw Deepak in her way. Their eyes met holding a lot of emotions and pain. Shrutika stood there.

"Shruti hume aapse baat karni hai. (Shrutika I want to talk to you). Deepak said.

"Hum aapse baad me baat karenge abhi hume kaam hai. (I'll talk to you later, I have work to do now.) Shrutika replied and left before he could answer.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked the chapter! Please vote and feel free to do any type of comments and tell me your reviews!

Thank you
~Anu