9. The marriage is successful!

Shrutika and Maharaj were sitting next to each other but there was a curtain between them so they couldn't see each other. Everyone was applying haldi on them. First Rajmata came and applied haldi on both of them followed by other people.

After haldi ceremony, mehendi was being applied on ladies hands and also on groom's hand. After a lady completed applying mehendi on Shrutika's hand, Shrutika looked at her hand. A drop of tear fell from her eyes seeing Kamal inscribed on her hand where she always dreamt of Deepak's name to be written. She wiped her tear from the back of her hand.

------

Today was the day of the wedding. Shrutika was ready in her bridal look. She was alone in the room and everyone else were either chit chatting or looking after the arrangements. Today's day is gonna change her life completely in many different ways. She still had hope in her heart that something would happen and she would get back to her Deep.

She was thinking that she couldn't let her life ruin like this. She needs to do something to save her love life. She decided to run away from the marriage.

"Maharani baarat aa gayi hai (Queen the procession has arrived) " A maid informed Shrutika and she nodded.

She came out of the room and saw everyone was busy with the guests. She while hiding herself walked towards the door at the back side to the way out of her house. She opened the door and was about to keep a step out but someone held her wrist. She turned about to look at the person.

"Shruti aisa mat karo. Hum jaante ye tumhare liye bohot kathin hai, humare liye bhi hai. Par agar tumne aisa kiya toh humare parivar ki bohot badnaami hogi. Koi maharaj par vishwas nahi karega, sabko lagega ki ye unki wajah se huya. Sabke saamne maharaj ka sar jhuk jayega. Tumhe unse vivah karna hoga. (Shruti don't do this. I know this is very difficult for you and so it is for me. But if you did this then your family's dignity will lower down. No one will trust king and will think that he was at fault. King's head would bow down in shame infront of everyone. You have to marry him)" Deepak said to her. She went towards her room back without saying anything.

After some time she was called downstairs. Now she and Maharaj was sitting at the mandap and priest was chanting the mantras. They stood up and put garlands into each other's neck. Then Maharaj applied sindur on the partition of Shrutika's hairs and tied mangalsutra around her neck. After taking 7 vows, officially they were married.

"Yeh vivah samparn hua. Aaj se aap dono pati patni hai. (The marriage is successful. From today you both are husband and wife)" The priest said.

The couple moved towards Rajmata and took their blessings.

"Bhagwan tum dono ki jodi ko humesha salamat rakhe. Tum dono bohot khush raho aur har paristhiti me ek dusre ka saath do." Rajmata blessed them.

They took blessings from Shrutika's parents as well and other elders. Everyone blessed them. Shrutika was now leaving for her in law's house, rajmahal. Shrutika's mother had tears in her eyes and so did Shrutika. She hugged her mother tight and they cried from some time in each other's embrace. Shrutika hugged his father and whispered to him "Mubarak ho pitaji aap jeet gaye. (Congratulations father, you won) " She left him before he could reply.

Shrutika and Maharaj sat on the horse cart which is fully decorated. They headed towards the palace.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked the chapter! Please vote and feel free to do any type of comments and tell me your reviews!

Thank you
~Anu