4

"Wake up."

"No. Leave me alone Chase!" I groan pulling the covers over my head.

"Wake up."

"No!" I shout. He then leaves so I start to face back asleep. I'm suddenly picked up which makes me scream. Alpha Archer carries me through the house.

"Put me down!" I shout. Meagan the only girl smiles. He walks outside to the pool so I grab his arm. "No. Don't you dare throw me in that pool!" I shout. We are at the edge and my heart is pounding so hard in my chest right now that it aches.

"You should know not to dare an Alpha." He says and throws me in but I still have his arm. He falls in with me.

"You should know not to mess with a tracker," I laugh. He swims over to me with a smile. It is not a happy smile, but a devious one. One that makes a under ranked pack member, like me, squirm.

"I think you want to go under again." He says and pushes me underwater. I grip his wrist as I wait for him to stop. He moves his hand and I come to the surface.

"You are so mature."

"I know, " he laughs going to climb out. I pull him back in and quickly jump out. "You are going to pay for that!" He shouts playfully. I take off in the house with a slight scream of laughter. Kate, his mom, watches as I fly by her and her son chases me.

Alpha Archer is behind me. I turn a corner almost falling. I hear a loud crash behind me but keep running. I circle back around to the living room where Kate is watching. Alpha Archer appears out if nowhere and I run into him. We both fall in the floor, laughing.

"You know you aren't supposed to run while wet, right?" He laughs rolling off me.

"Then don't throw me in the water."

"Am I missing something?" Gamma Henry asks as he walks in, a smile tugs at his lips. Alpha Archer gets up then helps me up.

"You missed everything," Beta Garret says eating a sucker. I move my hair, a smile is permanently etched across my face.

"I'm going to go get ready," I mutter rushing up the stairs. I take a quick shower then brush my teeth. I out on blue jeans and a tee shirt. I jog down the stairs.

"Go change," Gamma Henry immediately says as he sees me. I look at him confused.

"Excuse me?"

"It's going to get warm today and you can't look like a hobo if you follow the Alpha around all day," Beta Garret says with a wink. I groan then go back to Alpha Archers room. It's not like I have a choice if I follow the Alpha around or not.

I put on blue jeans shorts and a white lace off the shoulder top then I slip on some sandals. I pull my hair from the ponytail and brush it. I walk back downstairs. "Is this better?" I ask walking in the kitchen.

"Very much," Beta Garret says with a wink. I roll my eyes at him.

"You ready? We'll eat at the packhouse," Alpha Archer says as gently pushing me to the door. I just walk, not wanting to start anything.

Alpha Archer starts walking beside me when we get out if the door. "Victor is over there," I say jerking my head to the left. I sniff the air again. "About fifty feet away and he's with Martha?"

"How'd you know that?" Gamma Henry asks with his eyebrows creased together.

"I have his scent memorized. I could track him all the way across the world if I wanted to," I say with a shrug. He made me memorize his scent for emergencies.

"We have a tracking prodigy?" Gamma Henry asks shocked. I roll my eyes as we walk in the pack house. I take a step close to Alpha Archer, which doesn't go unnoticed by the three men I'm with. I hate it here. People think it's the Omegas that get picked on. News flash! It's the runts. No matter what rank you will be picked on if you are a runt. People shoot me looks.

"Come on! Reagan you know you wanna!" A guy shouts. There is a round of whistles. There has been cases where a female runt gets taking advantage of. Alpha Archer stops making me walk into him.

"How often does this happen?" He whispers. I look down at my feet.

"Every time I come here or even go outside," my wolf makes me admit. You have to stop that! I tell her. He then tenses up. I take a step back from him as he moves to the group of boys.

"You do not treat a woman like that. You show them respect. No one and I do mean no one will treat a woman like that here in my pack."

"She's a runt. Its okay." One says. Clearly, a bad move on his side. Alpha Archer picks him up by his shirt.

"And I'm the Alpha. You will do as I say," he growls dropping the boy. He walks past me. "Reagan." He calls and I run after him.

"It was f-fine. Th-they never acted on th-eir words," I stutter. Alpha Archer grabs my arm making me walk as fast as possible. We get in his office and he let's go of my arm.

"Sit." He commands and I do. He sits behind his big oak desk. "How long has that been happening?"

"Um, to me? Well, since I was born." He squeezes his hands together so hard that his knuckles turn white.

"My brother?"

"The same," he sets his jaw, "it's how we met."

"You met because people were bulling you and threating to, to abuse you!"

"Yes?" I squeak in confusion. Alpha Archer frowns deeply. He then takes a deep breath to calm down his very frightening wolf.

"Thank you." I look at him confused. Why is he thanking me? "For being honest."