10

I sit on the edge of the desk. The council just watches me closely. "How did you know?" Daniel asks me. I look at my lap with a frown.

"I have his scent memorized." I finally take in his appearance. He looks so young, like mid twenties young. His hair is dark, it may have been blonde in his younger years. His eyes are dark green.

"He let you?"

"He made me do it. I done it with no regrets, probably one of my best choices," I say almost harshly. Will keeps popping into my head, worry fills me like water in river. "Now is my assessment done? My Alpha like for me to go chat up some filthy rogue."

Lana looks at me with a disgusted face. I flash her my teeth before walking out. Will is waiting for me at the cell door. We go into Ghosts room which makes Ghost seem taken back.

"Will?" He asks lowly. Will just gives him this hard look but I know he is trying his best to see if its his brother. Even though the two never really hung out a lot they love each other very much. I know how Will feels, hopeful. I had it too at the start, before my emotions versus reality battle ended up taking over. Of course the logical side won.

I was only grasping at straws that didn't even exist. Wen is gone for good. He left, people always do. I was, am so nieve about that subject. I don't see how I could even think that someone I truly loved would stay with me.

My hands stay clenched to my sides as the two boys look at each other, analyze each other. Will bores his eyes into Ghosts, whom is looking at Will in a caring way. My fingers dig into my palms trying to calm myself down, I don't know why I need to but I just have a feeling.

"Are you looking out for her?" Ghost asks Will.

After that no one talks, we stand looking at each other. Finally, Will clears his throat. "Where's my brother?"

Ghost looks completly lost when this is said. He looks almost as if he has no hope left. "I just wanted my family back," he whimpers before shifting and curling into a ball. Soon we leave not know what else could be done. Honestly, I don't think much could be done.

I stretch my body before shifting into my wolf. I start to stretch out my wolf body when Archer walks over with his arms crossed. He slowly puts his hand on my head between my ears and slowly pets me. I let out a low, irrataded growl. "I'm your Alpha, I'll pet you if I want," he scolds childishly.

What?

He just smiles and leans against me with a chuckle. His hands start to scratch my ear. Honestly my wolf loves it but I'm not going to let him know that! Instead I playfully nip at his foot, in return he jumps back.

Does the Alpha not know how to have fun? I tease him.

"I do have fun!" He shouts.

Please, you do not. You're too uptight.

"I'm not uptight," he mutters as I nip at his feet again. He jumps back but falls down as I jump on him. He tightly holds onto my fur as we roll down the hill. Once we land I bark at him and go into a attack stance with my tail wagging.

"Are you okay Archer?" His mother asks coming from their house. Archer start to chuckle.

"Yes mom. It's just Reagan trying to get me to play around," he says before waving it off.

"Okay, I just saw you rolling down the hill. Have fun," she shouts before she goes back in the house. I wonder if she knows her husband is here. Archers closely inspects me before sighing loudly. I jump at him and nip at his feet again. He jumps back again before falling on his back. I pin his down and nip at his face.

"Stop! Please!" He laughs as I keep nipping at him. I then lick up his face, making his hair stick up in a wild manor. He then softly bites my fury leg which stings a little. I jump back and go back into a stance with a playful growl.

"I don't want to play around right now Reagan."

I jump at him only to be met with the fur of another wolf, Archers wolf. He finally got tired of my playfulness of the moment I guess. His dark brown eyes bore into mine with some sort of lightheartedness. I jump back as I nip at his tail. Archer lets out a loud bark as he turns to me. He kinda looks angry or frustrated.

I get down on my stomach and slowly paw my way over to him. He still has an agitated growl rumbling though his body. I nuzzle him before I nip at his shoulder and take off running. He barks after me as he starts to chase me.

You'll regret that Reagan!

You'll have to catch me first Alpha. I taunt him before pushing myself faster. I can picture him chuckling before making himself run faster after me. Maybe he'll be more relaxed after this.