8

I shut the door behind me and grip the medical kit tightly in my hands. The lights turn on and Ghost looks at me. Worry almost instantly crosses his face. "What happened?" He asks taking a step to me.

"Sit." I say and he does. I start to pull the silver cords off his body that Alpha Archer put on him. "If I tell you you have to tell me stuff," I mutter opening the kit.

"Deal. Whatever you want to know." He says without hesitation. I start to clean his wounds.

"My mother tried killing me and my father burned down my home." I say and he tenses up. I look up at him with a small smile.

"What is Archer doing about it?" He snaps. I chuckle.

"He is testifying against my mother and since there is no solid proof against my dad, the Alpha is going to rebuild my home," I finsih. I finsih with his wounds and knock on the door. The beta slides two huge bowls of water in the room with rags.

"Your turn. How do you know Wren?" I ask. Ghost closes his hands into a tight fist. "I am Wren. I know everything about you Reag." He says looking me in the eyes. I look away and start to run a wet cloth over his dirty skin.

"It's hard to believe that. I mean I wake up in the hospital expecting you and I'm told we have a new Alpha who approves of us and you're gone! Wren left me!" I shout making him flinch.

"Archer approved?" He gasps making me laugh. Wow, he's something else. I dip the cloth in the water.

"Besides the point, Wren wouldn't leave me," I say as I continue to run the wet cloth over his skin.

"I had no choice. They would've came after you other wise. I'm so sorry." He says looking down at his lap. I don't say much of anything else as I clean the dirt off of him.

"What's the real reason you attacked?" I ask. He lets out a long breath.

"You wouldn't believe me."

"Then you can clean yourself." I say getting up. He grabs at me but I send a punch to his face. His eyes widen in shock. "Don't you dare touch me. I don't know who you are or what you have done to my Wen but trust me, I'll find out and I will kill you."

"I'm pro-"

The door opens and I leave. "Remind me not to piss you off," the guard says with a smile. I just huff and walk outside. I lean against the wall with a deep sigh. I feel hands wrap around my waist as a head lays on my back.

"I'm so sorry," I gasp out as tears burn my throat, "I promised you I would find him and I can't."

"It's okay. I know you will," he mutters.

"Will, I'm trying. I swear." I say turning around. Will is Wrens younger twin brother. Will wraps me in a hug and kisses my forehead. The two look nothing a like but they act almost the same.

"I want to speak to that man. It's my brother we are speaking of."

"I don't have that authority Will."

"Right now, it seems like you have all the authority in the world. Alpha Archer isn't saying no to you," Will says lowly. I look up at him through my lashes. His eyes peirce through mine almost harshly.

"Alpha," I call out. I already know for a fact Archer has been waiting for me.

"Yes Reagan?"

"May I take Will with me next time? He is Wrens brother and one of my friends."

"You his twin?" Archer asks in disbelief. Will just kinda laughs.

"We are nothing a like." Will adds. Archer looks between us with uncertainty but then sighs.

"Sure. It may help."

Will smiles and wrap his arms around me. He kisses my cheek with a laugh. "Thank you Reagan!" He says before he runs off.

"Was his nose pierced?" Archer asks looking at Will's retreating figure. I smile and nod.

"Yes. He wanted me to get mine done but I refused," I say before I tell him what went on with Ghost. Archer and I start to walk through our pack.

"So, I was thinking about making a hide out in the woods. You know a escape place for pack members," Archer says suddenly.

"Like a wolf den?" I ask making him stop in his tracks.

"A den? Hm, our den. Our packs den," he says looking at me. I nod and then laugh.

"Your den, Alpha."

"So it's a good idea? No need to run it by anyone else?"

"No, I think it will help. Other packs know we head back to the packhouse for safety. It would throw them off," I explain as we start to walk. Suddenly Archer stops again only to start to fix my hair.

He then starts to unbutton my shirt very quickly. He stops and pulls my hair out of its braid then goes back to my shirt. "Um excuse you?" I say making him huff.

"Council is here. They want to meet you but I promise you that they will not touch you nor will they take you away from m-your family," he says opening up my button up to show my tank top.

"So why are you undressing me?"

"I am making you presentable. Not that you weren't before. Just more girlish," he says pushing my sleeves up. He then locks our elbows and leads me to the front of the pack.

"Archer," a man says. He looks over at me with a frown. "Jasmine?"

"Um, no. That's my mother." I says watching him closely. "And you know her?"

"Of course. Which one are you out of her six children?" He asks.

"I'm, uh, I'm of runt."

All of the council members stop talking and look at me. They are probably having issues with the fact that I am a Runt. "She's the one?"

"This is Reagan," Archer confirms. They all look at me as another man walks up. He look at Archer.

"You screwed up Archer."