18

Victor stands there looking at me like he expects me to blurt out where Archer is. I glance around my new room to find a pile of clothes. "I don't think he went voluntarily," I mutter. Victor follows my gaze with a surprised look.

Victor quickly excuses himself so I can get dressed. I just throw on shorts and a tshirt. I brush my hair amd teeth before making my way downstairs. I love my new home. "No. I do not see how because in order to even make it in this house you have to have some sort of invitation. If Archer and Reagan were upstairs how could they have invited someone?" David asks. Katy is in my kitchen cooking. You don't see her daughter that often because she's homeschooled and shes trying to finish school early.

"What were you two doing?" Daniel asks accusingly. I hold my hands up in a surrender like way.

"We each gave into our wolves. I don't know," I admit while making my plate with pancakes, fruit, eggs, and bacon.

"Smooth move," David grumbles while tentatively picking at his eggs. I roll my eyes before angerly stabbing my own food. I now know hiw stupid it was but I can't take it back now.

"What was Victor talking about?" I ask through a mouthful. Katy smiles before pointing at me with a spatula.

"You've been around my son too long," she laughs. I blush before going back to my food.

"As Archer's mate-to-be you will take over the pack. It's only law," Daniel grimaces. Katy slings a peice of bacon at him with obvious hate.

"Hey, There will be none of that in this house!" I shout. Both adults look ashamed. I carefully grab the bacon off the floor. "This bacon could have been a step closer to ending my starving," I cry.

"Jeez people. She's a growing girl, let her eat," Ghost says as he walks in with a sour Wen.

"We are calling a pack meeting. Let's go we need to let the pack know," Katie says with a forced smile. She leads me back up stairs and lays an outfit out for me. I change before leaving with her, I guess everyone already left.

Once we get there everyone in the pack is there. She pushes me up to the front where Daniel is. The council must've picked him because he was once Alpha of this pack. "I am very sorry to have to tell you that Alpha Archer has gone missing."

People instantly start talking and shouting. Daniel holds his hand up instantly shutting them up. He clears his throat before scanning the crowd. His eyes lock with Katie's with sadness. Sometimes I forget that they were married and Archer is their son. He holds his hand to her and she gladly takes it. "Katie will arrange for information stations, you vetter come forth if a sliver of Archer is found."

"Why don't you just send Reagan to find him?" Chase asks. I lookover at my brother in shock. Piper looks at me from beside him with a sad expression.

"I'm getting to there. Reagan isn't looking for Archer because effective immediately she is Luna. She will be in charge until Archer is found," he explains calmly. He says it in away you know there isn't room for discussion. Katie motions me to them.

"Reassure them," she whispers.

"Archer will be found. I'm going to make sure of that and how I do isn't left for question because no one is going to get hurt. He wouldn't have it. If you are interested in helping come find me or Katie."

With that I walk back into the pack house. I know that isn't what they meant by comforting but sadly I don't really care. Ghost follows me into Archers office. I sit in his chair and start to spin aroubd thinking. How could he disappear when he was right beside me?

"It sucks for you. Everytime one of us gets brave we leave. I doubt Archer was willing but still, neitger was I. Wen is an idiot, I admit that," Ghost says after a few minutes.

"Oh hush. You're being mean."

"How will it feel to be called Luna Alpha?" He asks wiggling his brows. I roll my eyes as I pick up a small ragged doll off Archers desk. It wasn't here the last time I was. I close my eyes whike taking deep breaths.

"Thank you Alpha." A little girl says. I can faintly see little blonde pigtails and braces on a smiling face.

"It's always a pleasure to help a little princess like you Sydney," Archers voice echoes. The little girl hugs his leg before he picks her up and tosses her in the air.

I open my eyes in confusement. What was that? Who is Sydeny? Ghost is watching me as I slightly move the doll from hand to hand.

°

°

°

After a week no one has caught even the slightest hint of Archers scent. Everytime I touch something in his office I see a glimpse of this Sydeny. I finally grab the doll befire making my way to the orphaned pups. Once I walk in Wendy walks over to me with a small forced smile. "Luna Alpha," she greets.

"Wendy, I believe this doll belongs to a little girl named Sydeny," I say. She nods her head before pointing to a eleven or twelve yearold blonde girl with pigtails and braces.

"She was found when she was about three. The Alpha found her and usually comes and visits her once a week" she explains. The girl seems to be alone.

"I want to talk to her in the Alphas office after they have lunch," I order noticing the man bringing brown bags of lunch. She nods her head understanding what I mean. I take my leave and wait for the girl.

Around thrity minutes later she knocks before coming in. "Luna Alpha," she mutters as she walks in. I point to the chair in front of me.

"Sit."

She hurrys to her seat. She has blue eyes that seem to have a guard. Her pigtails are braided, she's older then what I the other day. It doesn't matter because I know it is her. I hold the doll up which makes her gasp in surprise.

"Where's the Alpha?"

"I d-don't know," she stutters. I raise an eyebrow in challenge. She is obviously lying to me.

"Where is Archer? " I growl out to her. She starts to shake some which doesn't really affect me. She knows where he is but she is not telling. "I can kill you for treason."

"I can't tell you!" She cries out before sobbing. She looks down as her shoulders shake.