7

I come up behind Alpha Archer and push myself faster. I pass him and close in on the rogue quickly. I let out a growl as I lunch myself on the rogue. I pin her on the ground and she shifts back. "Please don't hurt me! My Alpha is trying to hurt me." She pleads. Alpha Archer nods his furry head as two guards help the girl up.

I look back at my Alpha. He sits down in his wolf form. Where is your home? The cottage? He links. I yelp a bark and take off in a soft trot. We come up on the one bedroom cottage in a few minutes. I walk inside shifting and put some clothes on. I grab a pair of shorts and hand the shorts to Alpha Archer.

He walks in and looks at the cottage. "It's so small." He says as he picks up a picture. "I like it. It's comfy." I say with a shrug. "Wanna tour?"

"Sure." He mutters.

"This is the living room." I say pointing to the room we are in. I lead him into the kitchen and then the bathroom. Lastly we are going to my room. "This is my room." I say.

He walks in and runs his hand along my bed. His eyes are closed, it seems like he is seeing something. Alpha Archer walks in my closet and just looks around. "It seems familiar." He mutters.

I just shrug and smile. "I wouldn't know why Alpha." I say and he nods his head. "You're fast." Alpha Archer points out as he sits down on my bed.

"That I am."

"Have you always been that fast?" He asks running his hands over my bed.

"Yes. That's why it makes me the ideal tracker." I explain watching him. I turn around and walk out of my bedroom.

"Reagan!" I stop walking and look at the front door. "Mom?" I ask.

My mom has brown hair and not many features like me. "Reagan, where have you been? You've had things to do." She says walking to me. She backs me into the wall.

"Mom what are you doing?" I ask. She frowns.

"You should have died," She whispers. I sharp pain fills my stomach as my breathing gets faster. "It's your fault they are gone."

"Reagan?" Alpha Archer shouts.

"Die you stupid little mutt!" My mom shouts as she digs the knife in my chest this time.

"A-Archer!" I gasp as I try to grab at my mother. Her hands wrap around my throat.

"You should be dead!" She screams. I hear more screaming. "Let her die! She deserves to die!"

My vision suddenly gets sharper. I can feel my blood pumping faster and my skin slowly stitch together by itself. I scramble up on my feet gasping for air. Alpha Archer and my mom stop to look at me. "She's supposed to die!" My mom shrieks.

My heart is beating triple the normal beats. What is going to happen to me? Alpha Archer could punish me harshly. Before I realize it my feet are moving. I let my feet carry me. I don't care where I end up.

°

°

°

"You could have died."

"I couldn't care any less." I mutter lowly. Alpha Archer just crosses his arms and frowns.

"How long have you been hiding under my desk?" He asks with clear amusement.

"Since seven hours ago." I whisper as he helps me up from under the desk. He frowns deeply at me.

"I've worked here since then," He mutters and then sighs.

"I know." He starts to smiles.

"How did I not find you?"

"I ran." I mutter rubbing my neck.

"You need to go to the doctor." He says walking to the door. He looks back as I sit down in his chair.

"You need to shave but does it look like you're gunna do it?" I ask. He groans loudly. I can clearly see the irration on his face.

"She won't go." Victor says from the door way. "Nor will she speak against her mother."

"I am an eye witness to the attack I don't need her to speak." Alpha Archer says.

"I'm going out of town. Pretty sure my house is sabotaged by now and I no longer have an-"

"What do you mean sabotaged?" Alpha asks looking quickly at his younger brother. Victor points at me.

"My father surely knows I had a male in my home that wasn't my brothers or Vic. He's gunna burn it down." I say walking off.

"You are not dismissed Reagan!"

"What do you want?" I whine stomping my foot. The Alpha instantly bows up from the disrespectful attitude.

"Stop acting like child!"

"Stop treating me like I'm going to break. I don't need special attention, I don't need it. I'm so stupid for even agreeing to-"

I stop and let out an agitated growl. "Just go see for yourself. My dad doesn't care and I sure bet he's burning the place to ashes by now."

"Why would he do that?"

"We don't know." Victor says lowly. I walk off to the front yard, surely enough there is smoke coming from my homes direction.

As commotion starts I rush off. This is nothing new, my father gets angry really easily, well at me. I walk towards the town we live close to. Once I get there I walk into a store.

"Dear lord! Are you okay?" A middle aged woman shouts from the counter. The door opens again before I can reply.

"Reagan don't do that again. You can't run off!" Alpha Archer shouts grabbing my arm.

"I can do what I want." I say but he only looks over my head as he brings me to his chest to hug me.

"I'm sorry. She jumped out of the car. Guess meeting the parent is that scary." Alpha Archer lies making her laugh.

He leads me out of the store and frowns at me. I give him a questioning look. "Why'd you do that?" I ask outraged. He grabs my arm.

"I need you."

"Way to be dramatic." I scoff walking off.

"If any other person from my level were to find you they would use you. In this case I'm in for bargains." He says, easily catching up to me.

"So what is it?" I ask.

"You learn about Ghost and I'll clothe you, feed you, house you, and protect you. I'll keep your father away and anyone else who might hurt you. Reagan, I'll rebuild your house with my own two hands. Just help me and this pack." He says standing in front of me.

I look down at my hands and frown. I give him a look that I usually give his brother when he gives me this crazy idea. "Will there be Steak n' Shake involved in this agreement?" I ask. He starts to laugh and nods his head.

"Yes! I'll take you where ever you want to go." He laughs.