19

We sit in my living room just watching each other. Sydeny has red puffy eyes as she studies me. "No one will hurt you unless it's me," I finally say. She starts to play with the end of one of her braids.

"You wouldn't understand," she whimpers. She folds her legs under her. I lock gazes with her before frowning.

"You would be surprised what I would understand. You're. A runt aren't you? You see, us runts have to stick together. Archer was trying to change the runt laws not for me but for all of us. He treated us as equals not as toys or punching bags," I say looking at my lap.

"I don't want anything to happen to him. It's just, I had to," she mutters. I lay my hand on hers in a soothing way. I close my eyes as silence takes hold.

"Archer?" Sydeny asks lightly. She is at my bed room door. Archer sits up looking at her.

"What is it Syd?" He asks her with a small smile. He looks down at another sleeping figure that must be me.

"I-I need help," she stutters. Archer ruffles his hair before nodding his head.

"I'll be out in a second okay?" He reassures before wrapling his arms around my sleeping body.

"Don't wake her." Sydney says before walking off.

Suddenly I'm back downstairs with the girl. I jerk my hand back with a gasp. "Why did you do it?"

"I had too. They would've killed my-my sisters!" She finally shouts before cowering away. Almost instantly do I soften at her words.

"Who is it?"

"I don't know. He would send me letters with pictures of my sister with orders of what to do. Most of it would just be getting closer to the Alpha," she admits with her head hung in shame. "I'm not the only person either. I don't know who but there are two more people who were helping."

"Stay here. Do not leave this house okay?" I order. She nods her head before I leave. I make my way into the cells of the pack following a familiar scent. With surprise I find David sitting chatting with her. He takes a step back when he sees me.

"Are you a part of it?" I hiss out. My mom coils back away from the door. Her face flushes in surprise as she seems to tremble. "Where is Archer!" I scream hitting the metal bars. I hear her whimper out in fear.

"I don't know! He wouldn't tell me I swear," she cries out.

"What did he have you do?"

"He wanted us to kill you, to get Wen and Ghost back here."

She keeps muttering about how he made her. I roll my eyes before squeezing the bars a little. "I keep getting flashes from things I touch. All of them have lead me to a clue about Archer."

She looks up at me, tears stopping as she stumbles to her knees. She holds her hands out to me. "He always knew Wen and them would love you. Even before you were born he knew. The prophet is always right but that means I am a whore," she mutters.

"You've always know you were a whore!" The crazy woman from the first time I was down here. I look at her as she hangs her arms loosely from her prision bars.

"Everyone knows it," my dad says from the cell over to my left. "It's why it was so easy to kill you."

"What do you mean?" I ask looking between the three. David has taken a few steps back clearly knowing the answer.

"Why do you think you are so different from your siblings?" He mutters before laughing. He seems as if this whole thing is ironic.

"I'm the runt," I reply swiftly. I look over at my mother who has pleading eyes. She stands up gripping the bars.

"We knew the moment you were born. Your father isn't really your father," she says with a shake of her head, "you have a different father then any of your siblings."

"I'm not? Then who the hell is my father!" I scream. She jumps back before sighing.

"It's against the law. You have to die Reagan."

"What do you mean?" I demand. She looks over at David pleadingly. He looks just as surprised as I probably do. "I'm half witch?"

"The prophet said that my- our sin could be blotted away if I killed you!" She screams as angry tears roll down her face. I knew she didn't like me but this is just ridiculous.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" David asks from his spot. She lowers her head with a sob.

"I was going to fix it."

"She shouldn't be alive!"

"I know!"

"Hold on. You aren't going to kill me are you?" I ask David. He lets out a laugh before shaking his head.

"You need a DNA test. Reagan a werewolf and Witch cannot conceive together."

"She's yours! She has magic alright we just hid it for a long time."

David and I walk out without another word. I don't really know what to say about any of this. "Have you ever heard about The Prophet?" I ask David.

"Slight rumors. I never thought he existed."

"Well, he does!" I groan while throwing my hands in the air. All of this is so frustrating, I don't see how Archer could handle it. David leads us to the hospital wing where they take the DNA test for us.

"Do you believe anything g my mother said?" I whisper. The door opens reveling Ghost.

"Never believe that woman. She's just trash," he says sitting down beside me. David doesn't say anything before laughing harshly.

"You are courted by Archer and I cursed his father. If you are my child and Daniel finds out."

He leaves it in the air for our imagination. "You cursed him?" I gasp.

"He pissed me off! Katy has been my friend for a long time and he goes off and has two sons with another woman!"

"Please tell me it's not a hereditary curse," I groan. Ghost frowns as he wraps his arms around me in a protective way. I guess Wen is giving me time to cool off.

"I'm not stupid," David grumbles as the nurse walks in.

"I'm leaving these with Ghost. I don't want to read it,just in case ya know?" She says handing him the papers. Ghost looks it over with a little crinkle on his nose. This usually happened to Wen when he was deep in thought.

"Your mother wasn't lying for once. All of your sibling are negative while you are positive."

David look over at me with a straight face. He turns my hand over while grabbing my wrist while slowly rubbing his other up my arm. On my upper arm appears the stages of the moon.

 On my upper arm appears the stages of the moon

"Every Witch needs her own moon. My daughter needs a the moons," he says with a smirk.

"What?" I ask confused. I dont exactly understand what's going on but I'm pretty sure he just marked me as a Witch.

"Once you are trained, you will be able to find Archer more efficiently. Obviously you've showed signs of natural magic. I'll need to gather a covern," David says before walking out. Ghost looks at the new mark before sighing.

"I need to go fill Wen in. Go check on the girl."