24

"Wen!"

"Stop okay? Regan just stop," he shouts at me. I stop while just looking at him.

"I didn't do anything, I promise."

His eyes darken in anger. His hands ball up before he smashes it against a tree. He is seething. He is shaking. "Thats the thing! You let them do these things to you!"

"I dont have a choice!" I cry out to him. He shakes his head before walking away from me.

<

I slowly sit up in my bed, drenched in sweat. My eyes feel so heavy and dirty. My chest aches and my nose is stopped up.

I push my hair from my face to find a rats nest of tangles. I gulp the glass of water by my bed before laying back down. I've been having these flashes of Wen for awhile now. He is always so angry at me.

I can feel the packs unease with Archer being gone for so long. Many people think that he is dead but they should know better. His beta would know. I would know. We would all feel the bond shatter if he did.

I start a hot shower to help open my nose. I need to be able to breath through my nose. My stomach flares up in pain making my fall to the ground with a cry.

"Regan?" I hear Ghost shout fron downstairs. I feel myself slowly start to shift. My wolf instincts take over in an almost rabid form. My vision blurs slightly as I run out of my house, past Ghost.

I feel pressure against my skull from my wolf refusing to link with the pack. She is on a mission and isnt willing to share the information with anyone. Not even me.

Sprinting through the woods, not a path ive ever took before either, she lets out a loud howl. I dont understand what she is doing but I feel a pull. My heartbeat seems to double beat with each step I take. Soon enough it seems like i am underground. I hear other wolves running behind me, no doubt the pack. I stop at a door and claw at it. A faint scent wafts under the door. A familiar scent.

More scents rush at me very suddenly. All very unfamiliar. My wolf started to whine very desperately. The door opens harshly and I scramble in.

"Regan?"

I tackle Archer who falls back on the ground. His eyes are full of surprise as he grips my fur in what seems like deperation. "You have to get out of here. He wants you damn it!"

My wolf refuses to let me take control. I have no idea what is wrong with her. "Era, Regan needs to get out of here. Now." Archer says while sitting up.

"Archer?" Wen asks.

"Get her to leave!" Archer shouts pushing my face away.

"She wont listen to anybody. She just took off! Now get up," Wen says as he pulls Archer off the ground. "You have a pack to lead."

"I cant."

My wolf growls before he stands up. He looks much more huge then before. He has taken intemidating to a whole new level. He has power rolling off him unlike before. His eyes narrow only slightly making me take a step back.

"She wont leave until you come Archer. You know that so why even try?"

"Because they want her!"

"No they dont!"

"Wen."

Wens whole stance changes. It takes up a new dangerous level that I've only glaced at once before. Wen doesn't back down to Archer like he should. The two males seem to be talking with just looking at each other. "Archer we dont have time for this. If you dont come back the pack will turn on Regan and we both know thats not a good thing."

This seems to snap Archer out of his little episode and shifts. He is two, three times bigger then the last time I saw his wolf, Bo. Wen soon joins us in his wolf form. The three of us take off running at a very fast speed. It seems that Archer and I keep leaving Wen in the dust.

Once we are in safer territory Archer stops and nuzzles me. His wolf seems to be in complete joy. He sits down with his tail slightly wagging, which makes me want to laugh. The sight is just so funny. His eyes pierce through mine like he is trying to read all the emotions he wasn't able to witness while he was gone.

The anticlimacticness of his rescue worries me. It was too easy. It was beyond easy. It was a trap.

  A trap for what though? He said they wanted me but many times before it has been stated I am a failed experiment. What could possibly be different about me now? Is it me drinking Archers blood to stay healthy? Could it possibly just to be to use me as leverage over Archer?

  I lay my big furry head on Bos furry side. He looks down at me with what seems to resemble a smile before licking my snout. A loud thump rings through my ears as my body jerks. "Regan?"

  I almost effortlessly yank the arrow out of my shoulder before taking a defensive position behind Archer. What seems like hundreds of wolves take the same position around us. Bets Garret is blocking my other side and he seems to be coated in blood. Did I just miss the fight?

My stomach lurches and I start to heave before emptying my stomach out right there in front of everyone. But they don't even bat an eyelash to the mess I just made. Archers tail is no longer wagging and all the happiness seems to be sucked away.

I just don't understand. If Archer was bait and I'm what they want, then what do they want from me? What is so different about me now then when they took Archer. I was just as easy to get if not easier.

"Did the arrow hit your stomach?" David asks as he joins us.

I shake my head no and he seems to have a weight lifted off his shoulders. He starts to heal up my shoulder as Archer sends some wolves out on the hunt. This is way too anticlimactic.

For what seems like hours we wait. Not a noise can be heard but our slight breathing. Then the ground shakes. It is harsh and loud noises erupt from the packhouse crumbling. Many people lose their balance and fall. That's when the screams tear through the air like a knife.

Many people scream as the vampire run past us. They are randomly attacking us. They don't seem to be hungry or even to be in the mood to eat. What is wrong with these vampires? Our warriors spring into action by tearing our throats and spraying blood as they do.

This makes my stomach heave again and empty. This is such a terrible feeling to experience at this moment. Battles never made me sick before. The gore was just apart of the job to do. Victor take position behind me looking rather pissed. What do they want? I ask.

What you carry. Carl says as he takes a stance in front of us. He suddenly pins down a vampire and tears him to shreds in a few quick seconds. Everything then moves fast. My vision is blocked by the many people guarding me. Wolves soon joins in on the attack along with witches. Witches?

Why are witches fighting? This isn't their fight to battle. I shift back into my human form before sticking my hands in the ground and covering them with dirt. I spread my fingers out and wiggle my toes before I lowly chant the spell David taught me not too long ago. Vines pop up wrapping around the other witches and drain their power from them. I let them fall to the ground before everything is still again. I stand up and raise a hand to the weak witches.

"Leave!"

  The all scramble up while helping a vampire or wolf away. My head gets light and the ground gets closer. My name is called but I don't respond. The price of magic on the witch kind is large. And I don't think I was ready for it.