14

"Why is he out?" Archer shouts from downstairs.

"I let him out!" I scream as I go down the steps. Wen and Archer watch me as I do. Ghost just stands against the wall without a care in the world.

"Why?"

"I wanted to."

"And you can do that?" Archer asks. He starts to puff up some.

"Stop me Alpha."

"Whoa! Hey simmer down brave warrior," Ghost says stepping between us. I keep my glare set on Archer.

"You both lied to me. I trusted you Archer!" He looks down at his feet. "I let you in my house and I told you whatever you wanted to know."

"He went your house?" Wen asks clearly confused. I send him a rather hateful look.

"It's sad that the only person that has been honest with me is supposed to be the bad guy," I hiss out.

"I wasn't allowed to tell you," Archer finally says.

"Just like you aren't allowed to give your blood to any wolf under your rank?"

"That's not fair."

"It is fair! What isn't, is the two of you lying to me!"

"Reagan come on. I'm your Alpha, of course there are things I can't tell you," he says as he looks down.

"You should not be doing anything for me Archer! I am a runt. The lowest of the low and no matter what I do there is no hope for me to have a better rank. I still don't understand why you would save me!"

"Don't talk about yourself like that," Wen scolds.

"It's the truth and you all know it. Why deny who I am? You're the one who says accept yourself and this is me doing so. I'm not in the wrong and you know it so don't you dare judge me," I snap. Someone starts to laugh only to reveal David.

"Who knew a small clip from the past would bring out such a fighter?" He asks as he leans back. Archer gives David a rather harsh look.

"I've already told you about what happened to her mother. What else do you want?" Archer asks with an irritated voice.

"I was just going to offer advice. Reagan is right, she won't get far with the runt gene. While the three of you have great things to find, she'll only bring you back."

"Davi-"

"Stop Wen. I'm done with you trying to help when you are the problem now."

"You overreacted."

"I know Michelle."

"You pissed off two and a half Alpha males!" She adds as she waddles into the lake. I follow after her with a frown.

"I know. Also I know that they are angry because I left to swim with you but I can't handle it. Wren. Archer. Ghost."

"You are in love with Wren babe. Listen you obviously have feelings for a certain someone but are rejecting th-"

"I'll get rejected. No one will want a Runt as Luna. Either way I'm screwed. I just wish that I could get a break for once."

"So you do amit to liking the Alpha!" She shouts in victory. I slap a hand over my mouth then slowly sink into the water in utter embarrassment. I then come up in about the middle of the lake.

"I never said which!" I shout back at her. The grin is already plastered to her face as she swims to me. We start to push each other under the water.

"I don't!"

"Do too! Just accept the fact you are desirable!" She screams. We stop just staring at each other.

"His mom thinks he imprinted on me so, even if I do have feelings for him." I stop and shake my head. "It's not real."

"It is too you little brat," she says splashing me with water. We were so caught up in swimming we didn't realize Rouges have taken spot all around the lake. We are stuck. We go back to back, taking in the rouges.

They have the advantage but sometimes that makes you stupid. A few are already in the water coming for us. "You've made me a target," I gasp out. If these rouges think there is even a remote chance I am a Luna they'll take it.

Archer! Help!

I'm not sure if the link will work but it's worth a try. Shell and I are forced apart and drug to land. Of course we put up a fight but the water isn't my strong suit. I start to fight as soon as my feet are able to touch the ground in the shallow water. "I don't want to kill you," one gasps out a little too late.

The stab made me angry but what was worse is that I can't shift for some reason. Had Archer put me on restrictions? I pull the knife from my stomach and slit the guys throat. I start moving with the blade as quick as I can before I start to get sloppy. Black dots are in my vision and they slowly become more determined. A loud growl goes through as a big wolf slowly stalks to us. Anger radiates off it like a wave. The colors, rusty brown and black tell me it's an angry Archer.

His arrival made me do a stupid thing. Lose focus. As soon as the thought crosses my mind another knife is stabbed into my chest and I'm held against someone. I pull the knife out after I fall into the water. I feel myself shift into my wolf. I always do when I feel weak, must be some sort of defense I've put up. My wounds aren't healing either.

Reagan?

Archer whimpers the question as his much larger wolf takes a position over me. Is Shell safe? Archer once again picks me up like pup, the scruff of my neck, and fleas. Once back at the pack house people give shocked screams at the sight of us. "Get a doctor!" Archer growls. He must've shifted back.

I start to cough, warm substances fly from my mouth. By the smell it is blood. Why am I not healing?